Brewer Fanatic

4/24/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Cubs (Hill): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Time to rough this guy up!

So far this year we are 5-1 and scoring 6.2 runs per game when the opposing team starts a lefty. Unfortunately our only loss and the fewest runs we've scored (3) in these situations has been against Hill.

Let's take the series tonight!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how Mark Prior and Kerry Wood feel watching Rich Hill pitch for the Cubs? I'm betting Prior is sitting on the training table in Iowa, with a sly smile on his face, saying, "This kid has no idea what's coming."

As an aside, I'm ready to change my tune on Carlos Villaneueva. I used to think he was just another soft-tossing righty in the mold of Jason Bere or Kyle Peterson, but the kid showed a lot of moxie last night. I'm sure I wasn't the only one here that had a lump in his throat on every Villy pitch, though. That Cubs line-up is just stacked with dangerous hitters. Of course, the Brewers proved that their line-up isn't chopped liver, either.

Jenkins on Rome today, sweet. Karma.

nice! hopefully Rome doesn't call him "Geoff-ina" or something http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Rnome probably didn't eve know who Jenkins was until his producer told him he'd be interviewing him.

Rnome probably didn't eve know who Jenkins was until his producer told him he'd be interviewing him

Actually, he's been on a few times before, Rome does talk about his leg kick tho. This game is over by the 4th inning.

My favorite part about the Cubs Message board is that they address their posts to the players, like "hows about yous guys don't lock up the first pick by april" or "hows about yous guys don't suck today" as if the players are reading and taking notes.

Traffic report for those going to the game:

This morning's traffic has been rather extraordinary here in Chicago. There aren't as many cars as usual, but there are huge backups. It appears that Cubs fans are jumping off of overpasses by the thousands. The bodies are piling so high, that cars can't drive over them anymore. When asked about today's onrush of jumpings, traffic corresponant Wheels McGee had this to say, "Usually, during baseball season, we see about 50 Cubs fans jump per day. However, starting at about 11:00 PM last night they started, and haven't stopped since. We can't keep up."

Traffic authorities are hoping to have all roads cleared up by game time tonight.

Would you say Cubs fans are starting to respect the Brewers a little more over the past few years? A few years ago, it was a one-sided rivalry. Its starting to feel two-sided, because the Cubs are starting to get pissed off.

I wouldn't I read the game thread from northsidebaseball (which at least count was 128 pages). They can't believe they lost to the lowly brewers and they are declaring that there team is over. My favorite post is this though

Quote:
it's like people are sitting there, watching the water rise, and telling themselves they don't believe in water as they drown.

anyway last nights game is in the past. I think the second time seeing hill will be better for everyone. I look for another brewers win.

Wow,

Next time I THINK I see too much negativity here I'll go read northsidebaseball. Great high holy crap, make sure you get your whole face in front of the shotgun guys, it will hurt less.

I am also thanking God I don't have to wade through10 inches of graphics and sigs to read a one line post.

I think the problem is, they are just not conditioned for eternal suffering. Where it has been 15 years since we have even smelled playoffs, Cubs fans have been twice, and ROALLY teased once in the same span.

"I'm sure I wasn't the only one here that had a lump in his throat on every Villy pitch, though. That Cubs line-up is just stacked with dangerous hitters. Of course, the Brewers proved that their line-up isn't chopped liver, either."

I don't think that was because it was Villy pitching...more the fact that one swing of the bad could end it at any period of time when he was pitching.

It was crazy how for 4 innings every pitch we threw could have ended the game except for ONE. And that was Turnbow's first pitch that Derek Lee shot into center field. Every other pitch gave the cubs a chance to walk off the field the winners. Wow.

Enough about yesterday in todays thread.....Let's talk about Rich Hill. Well, here is what Cubs fans have to say about him today.:

"I got a bad feeling, Hill's got us all excited and when we get excited about something it usually slaps us back down to earth real quick like."

Or here is the cubs fan guess at the outcome of todays game:

"Rich Hill throws a perfect game on 64 pitches, but the Cubs were penalized with a negative point when Ronny Cedeno followed his third HR of the season by running the bases backward and returning to the Brewers' dugout. They lose -1-0"

Let's bring the bats tonight against Hill and break him out of his good streak. Go Crew!

It's looking like rain in Chicago tonight. I wonder if they are even going to be able to get this one in? I want to watch my Brewers tonight, but I don't mind allowing the bullpen (and Estrada) an extra day's rest

Quote:
Would you say Cubs fans are starting to respect the Brewers a little more over the past few years? A few years ago, it was a one-sided rivalry. Its starting to feel two-sided, because the Cubs are starting to get pissed off.

I think it is mostly one-sided. The Cubs' rivals are the Cardinals. The Cubs fans look at the Brewers like any other divisional rival, same way we look at, say, the Pirates or Reds

Archived