Brewer Fanatic

4/24/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Cubs (Hill): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know how many Cubs Fan hearts we broke tonight? Is there a stat on that?

Good one.

I know this. They're one game out of the worst record in baseball. Money down the drain. Nobody does it better.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Quote:
Seriously, anyone know when the last time the Brewers were 6 over .500 was?

Peavey, I hate to say it but I seem to remember them being 51-44 about three years ago and only winning about 17 or so games after that.

Outstanding effort again...how could you not like this team?

There was some confusion around here at various points in the last 6-8 months, but I'm here to help....

The Carlos Lee trade was a steal.

Counsell was worth the money.

Suppan was worth the money.

Keeping Mench and Jenkins was the right move.

Turnbow will bounce back and help Cordero dominate the late innings.

Hall to the outfield was the right move, it allows the team to field its best possible lineup.

Spending 16 million on a bunch of veteran reserves is not only affordable, it'll help the team win games, and keep players fresh over the long season.

Did I miss any?

Quote:
Hall to the outfield was the right move, it allows the team to field its best possible lineup.

So you'd rather have Hall at 3B and Counsell/Graff playing CF rather than Hall at 3B and Gross/Hart playing CF? I have a hard time calling the firts scenario the "best possible lineup".

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, anyone know when the last time the Brewers were 6 over .500 was?

Brewers were 41-35 on 7/2/04. The day before they were 41-34. Last time they were 8 over was in early 1998, 15-7, I think, and 15-6 the day before. Last time they were 10 up was 1992.

As I posted about 8 pages before, this kind of game was exactly why Suppan was worth what he was paid: he got sorta knocked around, yet he never let it result in runs, and he gave us the relief that the pen needed. The guy is a gamer and part of what could be the best starting rotation in all of baseball?! Who's better?

So you'd rather have Hall at 3B and Counsell/Graff playing CF rather than Hall at 3B and Gross/Hart playing CF? I have a hard time calling the firts scenario the "best possible lineup".

I'd rather have fun and win. I'm a 39-year-old Milwaukee Brewers lifer....which means I have (at least) one coming.

I know it's only April, and I know there are things about the team that could be better....but I don't care. My friends in Chicago and NY are looking up at my Brewers....don't change anything, don't run the numbers, don't print the graphs...I don't care.

Fun rocks.

"I just made some bad pitches," Hill said. "They got magnified. Some days, you go out there and make bad pitches and get away with it. Tonight wasn't one of those nights."

I thought Zambrano said we don't make them pay for their mistake pitches. What a loudmouth idiot. Kudos to Zambrano for being a Cub, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Archived