Brewer Fanatic

5/3/08 Brewers (Parra) at Astros (Backe): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
This team looks dead since the Gallardo news. Yeah, Yo is great, but he's pitched three games for us this year. Get over it.

I agree with Dustin. I hope this is just the "reeling" stage from the bad Yo news. One would think they'd snap out of it eventually - preferably soon.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My reservations on the rest of this season make me more concerned when I realize my 10-pack hasn't even started yet. However, I am looking forward to the "Yost Must Go" chants right around my third or forth game. Maybe I would have be inclined to take Parra out before the entire HR, HR, 1B, 2B, 1B, BB plays out. I might also have been thinking about PHing Kapler (only power on the bench) with the bases loaded and 2 out. Crap, but Kapler isn't a lefty, so PHing him in that role (vs. a RHP) is completely out! I vow to myself to no longer get too excited about the Brewers or the season as long as Ned Yost is the manager.

Suppan hasb't pitched badly. His last start in Chicago was terrible, but his starts before that deserved to be wins.

I met my wife for dinner, so I was listening in the car. Last thing I heard was Ueck talking about Yost going out to give Parra a tongue lashing after teh back-to-back jobs. I get back in teh car to hear that he gave up 3 more that inning. With any other manager I would almost have found it inconceivable.

I'm pretty sure it won't be, but wouldn't it really suck if Thursday, before the diagnosis, turns out to be the high point of the season?

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure it won't be, but wouldn't it really suck if Thursday, before the diagnosis, turns out to be the high point of the season?

Yeah, it would pretty much suck for any team if their 28th game was the high point.

Plus, players that have only been around 3 years shouldnt have enough info to make an educated guess on them.. Well I guess it could make the guess, but most likely it will be off.. I just dont like projections.

Ironically, most projection systems don't even use data farther back than 3 years, since it doesn't really make them anymore accurate.

I'm not trying to pretend that projections area some crystal ball because they aren't. But managers have to make decisions based on their best guess of future performance and projections get them maybe 90% of the way there (you should consider other factors beyond just past performance, of course).

I agree with Dustin. I hope this is just the "reeling" stage from the bad Yo news.

And if the Brewers had one the last 2, we'd be talking about how the Brewers were inspired by Yo's injury to step it up. Losing Gallardo really hurts the Brewers but I don't think it's going to effect the rest of the players' production. Remember, while it's not exactly the same, the Brewers started the season without Gallardo as well.

I think Gallardo being out won't effect us until Tuesday, his next scheduled start. Parra has been pretty marginal all year. This time is the first he got lit up.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Losing Gallardo really hurts the Brewers but I don't think it's going to effect the rest of the players' production.

Parra has pitched like this all year.

I don't know what Yost expected bringing in TGJ with the bases jacked.

Last night we got the bases loaded 4 times. I am sure the Brewers are bummed about losing Yo, but I don't think it has a measurable effect.

Archived