Brewer Fanatic

No choice now... (Sheets extension)

The new dominant closer isnt going to have many oppurtunities with Parra, Bush, McClung and Suppan holding down 2-5. We have the money to sign him....so do it. Its the only shot we have of making the postseason next year because without good pitching our inconsistant offense, which will be much the same next year, is capable of losing 10 games in a row.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone looked at how many innings the average 30 year old (or somewhere around there) pitched if they already had 1000ish inngs pitched in their career. It wasn't good at all. I'm not sure that you can count on any 30 year old pitcher to average 185 innings over their next 4 years. I wouldn't peg Sheets at much less than average though. If a GM want's to properly value any 30 year old starting pitcher,, he might have to use a number less than 175 IP/year.

It's funny, had Sheets blown out his arm and missed a season and a half of his recent contract, he would have pitches less overall innings but fans would consider him less injury prone and more valuable. For some, 150 might as well be 0 innings, which makes no sense to me.

Brett took the team to 2 super bowls and probably would have taken them to a 3rd if Sherman wasn't such a bad coach in the playoffs. Hard to call him a choker, he has always been a very high risk player with lots of ups and downs.

Archived