Brewer Fanatic

Razzorsharp has committed treason! (move if in wrong spot)

billyhallfan

Oof. Cubs fans will always be at Miller Park for Brewer/Cubs games because for the most part Milwaukee fans are cheap (for the most part) and are willing to sell their tickets above face value to Cubs fans to make a little extra coin.

I mean two terrace tix for $160??? The reason he isnt trying to move the tickets here is because Brewer fans wouldnt pay that kind of cash to sit in the nose bleeds.

hey if cubfan wants to pay it, more power to him. Most on this board would make 400% profit on those tickets. I think this is how the stadium gets full of cub fans, they will pay obnoxious money to see their team. I won't go to brewer-cubs fans cause i don't like to be annoyed in my own park. I wouldn't sell tickets on nsbb.com. but won't berate people that do so.

I won't go to brewer-cubs fans cause i don't like to be annoyed in my own park.

No personal offense, but I can't stand this attitude. This is our home park, as a true fan there's no reason to capitulate it to another team's fans unless you're really, really hurting for the money. My guess is that Cubs fans probably wouldn't be as annoying if they didn't feel as welcome, which is what this attitude allows for.

Nobody is berating him. If he can get 160 for those two seats, more power to him, it just goes to show how silly all of the "take back Miller Park" promotions are in regards to Cubs games. The Brewers could force every ticket buyer for a Brewers/Cubs game to buy a 20 game season ticket package, thereby eliminating all Cubs fans from buying single game seats and yet the park would still be half full of Cubs fans.

Why? Because Brewer fan would rather turn a $25.00 ticket into $100.00 than go cheer for the Brewers and keep Cubs fans out, and because Cubs fans are willing to pay that price for that ticket and Brewer fans are not.

Imagine Brewer/Cubs NLCS. It would still be a 50/50 split, maybe even MORE Cubs fans, again, becuase Brewer fan is willing to sell his now $250.00 seat to Cub fan for $1000 and Cub fan is willing to pay it.

Yeah, that looks right. At first glance I thought it was just for one game. So that's just face value. Clearly not looking to make a profit, just move them. Wonder if he posted something similar here and got no bites.

when the cubs came down the PHX for the NLDS, it was actually cheaper for a chicago fan to buy a plane ticket, hotel room, game ticket (and likely enough for a few beers and a rent-a-car) than to buy scalpers tickets at wrigley.

i'd been to a few games at miller park / county stadium when the cubs were in town. they were always better than the brewers so they attracted huge out-of-town fans. i hope now that the brewers have a wave of success, they can keep their mouths shut and take the beating. its nice that the first two away series are over, theyve already suffered 4 home losses.

No personal offense, but I can't stand this attitude. This is our home park, as a true fan there's no reason to capitulate it to another team's fans unless you're really, really hurting for the money. My guess is that Cubs fans probably wouldn't be as annoying if they didn't feel as welcome, which is what this attitude allows for.
None taken. I don't think we do make them welcome. I have been to a few brewer cubs games and there always seems to be scuffles in the stands between fans of the two teams. I enjoy watching baseball, all the other crap i can do without.Going to games now would be more fun than a few years ago when the cubs were fighting for the division and we were trying to stay out of last place.

I know this has come up before. I have tickets to the last game of the season against the cubs, but other than that i am not going to brewer - cubs game because its hard to concentrate on the game when we have a bunch of idiots from Illinois who go out of there way to be drunk and obnoxious. Its the same reason my opening day every year is game #2.

Yep, I just wanted to get rid of them at a decent price. Capitalism at it's finest. I actually enjoy nsbb as they seem like good guys but I am not 100% sure they enjoy a Brewer fans presence in that place. Heck, if anyone wants that deal here I would gladly sell them but BF.net has the policy not over face.

Also, I will not go to a Cubs/Brewers game at Miller Park. Starting this year, I won't go to Twins/Brewers games either. I get too worked up and just don't enjoy myself and that is not the point in going to a Brewer game. I went to Opening Day this year as Wrigley and it had a great atmosphere. Nobody yelled at this and people actually talked baseball. That doesn't happen, or hasn't to me, during these Cubs/Brewers series as people seem too uptight (myself included).

I changed the avatar to fit with the theme. Couple things though, just to air everything out there...

1) I did root for the Cubs in the playoffs, as I route for the NL central champion in the playoffs always.

2) Benedict Arnold was a great American leader that was robbed of the recognition he deserved for his very heroic efforts. It is because of this initial disrespect that he changed sides so to be called Benedict Arnold is actually a compliment.

3) My wife told me at the beginning of the year that I could buy season tickets if we don't lose all that much. I am just trying to minimize the damage. I also live over an hour away from Miller Park so going to every game is not an option (especially with these gas prices) but I wanted to be able to get playoff tickets if they got to that point.

4) If you think this is bad you should see how much I made on Opening day, which I could not attend anyway.

Archived