Brewer Fanatic

5/2/08 Brewers (Villanueva) at Astros (Oswalt): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just came back from "work" to ask if anybody else with Extra Innings getting an awful, awful feed from FSN Houston tonight? Or is it my local provider?

Never mind, I'm just gonna go rub a cheese-grater against my knuckles instead

Too bad the umpires can't fire the managers instead of just tossing them. That would be great.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Are they really allowed to play that stuff on the organ during the at-bats (just as the ball leaves the pitchers hand)? That seems like an artificial distraction...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Not going to sugarcoat it -- worst day of 2008 so far for Brewer fans. Easily.

I agree, and of course it follows what was likely the best.

Of course, it could've been worse: I thought when Valverde hit Prince in the side of the knee that we were gonna see our second star of the day go down

All you can do is brush it off and hope Manny can put a decent effort in tomorrow. Oswalt's out of the way and Big Ben pitches Sunday: we can still take this series.

That said, I really am off to get a bourbon now. Uff da, what a day.

Verified Member

Eerily similar to the two games from last year when Fielder hit a homer off of Tom Gordon to give us a 6-5 lead, Hart robbed the homer in the 9th and that game was termed "Our best win of the season." The next game, we lose a 5 run 9th inning lead and lose in extras.

After our "best win of the season" this year we find out that our young stud tears his ACL and is out for the year and then our starting pitcher gives up back-to-back-to-back homeruns after we take a 4-0 lead and we end up losing 7-4.

Totally depressing.

I agree, and of course it follows what was likely the best.

I just re-read this and realized how bad it accidentally sounded...for the record, I with-hold judgment as to what the best day of the season will be...hopefully some time in mid-September when the Crew wins the division. I still honestly believe it's possible given our lineup and Ben and our vet Soup and Villy and the rest, and hope the team does, too.

There is no excuse for the amount of runners the Brewers left on base. But we did score 4 runs and have a 4-0 lead. Villanueva blew this one big time, he was cruising through 4 innings and its like the wheels just fell off. Very sucky game, I feel worse about this game then the 19-5 ass kicking. Parra better step up tomorrow and pitch at least 6 if not 7 innings.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

But it started out so good! With the bane of (many of) our existence, Derrick Z. Turnbow going to the scrap heap, where he belongs. But, yes, it was an awful day after that.

Archived