Brewer Fanatic

Dillon Called Up, Turnbow DFA (Update: Turnbow reports to Nashville M 5/12... see reply #132)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Turnbow makes it to AAA and gets his groove back. I really do like him and will always root for him barring him being a Cub or playing the Brewers.

Dang, the Bobble Head day, it just wasn't worth the realistic hair.

I hope Turnbow makes it to AAA and gets his groove back. I really do like him and will always root for him barring him being a Cub or playing the Brewers.
Well said. Turnbow is a mess right now. But if he has a month or two in AAA to really work on a few things - he could still be useful.

We just can't let him "figure it out" anymore in MLB.

Always a Dillon fan, but I am surprised they didn't grab a LH bat instead of Dillon.

This would be good news. I hope DBow can work out his issues and rejoin the club down the line. But there is ZERO reason atm to have him on the roster and eating up a valued bench spot.

I'm pretty sure because Turnbow doesn't have 5yrs of service, he can't decline his demotion, w/o losing his salary.

However, if the Brewers try to send him to Nash., he has to clear irrevocable waivers, and if a team claims him, they pay Tbow the league minimum (~400K), and the Brewers pick up the rest of his salary.

It may be best to trade him for some minor league player.

He....he can't hurt us any more. We're free....FREE!

I actually feel really terrible for ole T-Bow as a person, he always seemed like a good guy. Are there any other Brewers ever with such a story: plucked from scrap, rises to become dominant and a big fan favorite, just as quickly loses his magic touch and loses much sympathy and at times is downright hated, plateaus and then finally divebombs to the bottom of the ocean

And thus like the Doug Henry's, the Tom Tellman's, the Chuck Crim's, and the Bob Gibson's before him, the flash-in-the-pan reliever Turnbow has faded as quickly as he has risen, from outhouse to throne to doghouse.

Best of luck T-Bow, and I hope you figure it out for us in Nashville. The heat and the hair made us love you.

I feel bad for Turnbow, but pro sports is about results. He hasn't been getting it done, so this can't come as a huge surprise to him.

On the plus side, good to see Dillon back, but I thought Nelson or Branyan might get the call to give the Brewers a lefty with some pop.

Archived