Brewer Fanatic

Corey at the top?

davego

My only worry about Corey leading off is about who bats 5th. Maybe Rickie would do well as the #2 hitter and Cam could move to #5. I don't know, honestly. If things stay the same, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed. I think Hart is perfect for the 5 spot, but he could also be a good guy to have leading off. I'm pretty torn.

I think the biggest problem, unless you mess with the lineup some more, is that if you move around Cameron or Weeks, they'll probably end up near Hall, which means you would have two guys in a row that strike out too much. Maybe that doesn't matter at all, but my knee-jerk reaction makes me feel like it would.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I would expect Hart to have a lower OBP and higher SLG than Weeks so on paper I don't think it makes much sense. That doesn't mean it isn't a good idea though, Hart seemed to be more patient when he was leading off last year.

That's what I was thinking; that Corey did a nice job in a brief period last year. Maybe he adjusts to different expectations fairly well. Another thought, if we are still going to go with the pitcher #8 and Kendall #9, this could give more validity to Corey hitting at the top (never mind Braun and Prince moving up a spot, too).

That's what I was thinking; that Corey did a nice job in a brief period last year. Maybe he adjusts to different expectations fairly well. Another thought, if we are still going to go with the pitcher #8 and Kendall #9, this could give more validity to Corey hitting at the top (never mind Braun and Prince moving up a spot, too).

Kinda long this same thought, what about Rickie batting 9th for awhile? I fully trust that he'll come around eventually, but I tend to think he's more of a #2 hitter. Anyway, with Rickie at 9, it would put him in a spot where he can drive in runs when the pitcher bunts them over, plus we would have Weeks, Hart, and Cameron before Braun when the lineup goes that way. It would also get Hart more at-bats over the course of the season, and I tend to think that's to our benefit since he's one of our most valuable offensive players.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Kinda long this same thought, what about Rickie batting 9th for awhile? I fully trust that he'll come around eventually, but I tend to think he's more of a #2 hitter. Anyway, with Rickie at 9, it would put him in a spot where he can drive in runs when the pitcher bunts them over, plus we would have Weeks, Hart, and Cameron before Braun when the lineup goes that way. It would also get Hart more at-bats over the course of the season, and I tend to think that's to our benefit since he's one of our most valuable offensive players.

What about Kendall? They have him 9 so he wont hit into as many DPs. Seems to be working thus far.

I would expect Hart to have a lower OBP and higher SLG than Weeks so on paper I don't think it makes much sense. That doesn't mean it isn't a good idea though, Hart seemed to be more patient when he was leading off last year.

I don't know. Personally, I think Weeks BA will get up to that .260ish range and his OBP will be get up to around .380-.390, and Hart can't match those OBP's. And it's true that Hart will most likely have a higher SLG, so I don't thinks it's a good idea.

Also, Hart in the leadoff spot last year had a walk rate of 6.8%, while everywhere else it was 5.9%. So he was a bit more patient, but not enough to make a change imo.

Archived