Brewer Fanatic

4/25/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cubs (Lilly): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
Day games are on 1070 (I heard Jim before). Unfortunately my reception of 1070 sucks at work. Or at least my radio sucks..

It's 1070, not your radio. I get a high pitched tone on top of the signal here at work. I think 1070's signal is powered by a couple of hamsters turning a generator, and one gets nights off.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta recomment gameday audio to all 1070 listeners. I love it, can stream it at work through my pc (so the boss still thinks im listening to music). It's cheap and you can listen to Ueker even when out of town.

It's just odd. Normally Ben only throws 2 pitches in a game.

I thought he always threw a 2-seamer, just not that often. I could have sworn that he had 3 pitches, 4, 2, and curve but 4 and 2 are so similar people counted them as the same.

Sheets is so awesome, even a no-no isn't good enough. He should make the offense look so bad that hits from other games are taken away. He should also account for 10 runs a game. Anything short of that shows he doesn't have the will or talent to win.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

If there is a strikeout pitcher out there, and Fielder and Hall strikeout out with men on, then it can be assumed that Estrada is more likely to put the ball in play than Jenkins.

He also has a higher chance of ending the inning completely and a lower chance of plating multiple runs.

Russ is correct. With runners on and two out, who cares if the guy is a K machine. He could K 200 times a year, but if he slugs and obp at a decent clip, I wouldn't care.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

On WGN, Bob Brenley is complimenting Cub fans for sticking with the rainy conditions last night. Seats looked pretty empty to me once it started to pour, and there were a lot more "Let's Go Brewers" chants than "Let's Go Cubbies".

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I don't know if anyone has noticed because our team has played so well lately, but Weeks is definitely slumping again. His OBP is down to .340, while his average is around .240. Plus, he isn't slugging, as all of his hits recently that I can remember have been singles.

Archived