Brewer Fanatic

4/25/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cubs (Lilly): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

North Side of Chicago right now ((As of 9:15)) is cool, slightly windy, but not what I would constitute as raining.... It's drizzling, slightly, to the point where, had I not been paying attention to it as I walked to class wondering about the game, I wouldn't haven noticed.

If it stays like this they'll have no problem getting the game in.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Cubs message board:

Quote:
i hope we get contracted.

I love it, Reading their board after each game in this series has been so satisfying.

Looks like Graffy hits Lilly pretty well, here's to hoping he can break out of his funk today.

LOL @ contracted...

Why does everyone base so much off forecasts? I hate when people do that...LOOK AT THE RADAR!!

Most of the rain seems to have moved out this hour and the rest is holding steady over Iowa...We will be playing baseball today folks, so take out your brooms

RBI Leders

J.J. Hardy 14

Prince Fielder 14

Bill Hall 11

Rickie Weeks 10

Geoff Jenkins 9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run Leaders

Rickie Weeks 18

J.J Hardy 13

Prince Fielder 12

Bill Hall 12

Kevin Mench 10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HR Leaders

J.J Jardy 6

Prince Fielder 5

Rickie Weeks 4

Bill Hall 4

Geoff Jenkins 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPS Leaders (40AB)

Geoff Jenkins 1.007

Kevin Mench .939

J.J. Hardy .900

Prince Fielder .880

Rickie Weeks .880

boy, Yo's stats looking good for Nashville. Nice to see him making a seamless transition.

how many people would've guessed Hardy would be leading us in BA, HR and RBI, and Sheets had given up the MOST earned runs out of all of our starters, AND we'd be 13-7 and three games clear?

Why does everyone base so much off forecasts? I hate when people do that...LOOK AT THE RADAR!!

Radar only shows what's happening now. Rain/storms can develop where there are none at the moment. Not everything moves in from elsewhere and what's currently elsewhere can intensify before it moves in. Forecast models take conditions that can lead to changes into consideration. How well and reliably they do that is up for debate.

DHonks - I'd say Sheets pitch was a two seemer as well. That's how a two seemer would move and it should be a few miles an hour slower than the 4 seemer.

As for the game, I'd like to get it in today too. Mainly for selfish reasons, so I can listen to it at work, but also because we have the cubs down right now. I think Lou is due for an ejection soon. Hope it's against us.

Man, Braun is just killing it right now. I'd love to see him up here. I think that would really complete our team.

Quote:
If we don't get rained out, I'll bet we get crushed today.

Hey, the reverse mojo worked the first two games. Might as well keep it going! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Doug, I'd guess it was just a 2-seamer.

That's what I figured Sam. It's just odd. Normally Ben only throws 2 pitches in a game. That would mean he threw at least 4 last game, as he regularly mixed in his changeup, especially to Berkman.

If we don't get rained out, I'll bet we get crushed today.

I have the same feeling.

Estrada back in the lineup today

And back in the 5 hole because, well, Yost said so. I don't think it really matters much but it didn't make sense when Yost decided on it before the season started and it definitely doesn't make sense now. The only corner outfielder Estrada can be expected to outperform is probably Gwynn.

Come on Graffy, get it done today. I'd love to see him break out and start to get his average up.

I give a lot of credit to Yost for making all the platoons, and rotating of players work. It's great. Even with all the changing the batting order stays pretty much the same. I'd like to maybe see Menchkins and Estrada switch, but that's about it.

Go Crew!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think for whatever reason he thinks Estrada batting 5th will come up in situations where putting the ball in play is as important as overall power. Whether there is any truth to it I don't know.

What do you think about this strategy -- on a day like today where beginning of game may be in question due to rain, but where it is likely to get the game in at some point, have a reliever throw the first inning or two. Relievers are more acclimated to quick warm up and entry to game, where starters are typically into a longer routine to get ready. That way if start time is pushed back a bit or if there is some start and stop in early innings, you are not getting starter warmed up a couple of times or varying starter's routine, bring starter in after an inning or two when it is more clear that game will proceed.
Formerly JohnStumpyPepys

Archived