Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo injury: Has torn ACL, placed on 15-day DL; Bush recalled (reply #32)

Gopher74
Stay classy again Chicago..... laughing at Yo tearing his ACL.
Yeah, I saw that.

I know the Cubs have had their share of pitcher injury issues, but I can't say my first reaction was ever "Hahahahahaha."

I'd say karma's a "b," but there's a century of being freaking losers to support that. Let 'em laugh.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stay classy again Chicago..... laughing at Yo tearing his ACL.

While its not good to laugh at anyone for getting hurt. I would be excited if I was them. Our chances of being a legit contender just went down big time. I really only saw 1 post that seemed to be laughing at Yo. A few others maybe made a small poke at the Brewers in general, others felt bad for him. I am sure our board would be the same if big Z went down.

While I have no idea if it made it worse, it was a fantastic decision by the coaching staff to keep Gallardo in the game.

If we're assigning blame for Yo staying in the game, the order of blame goes like this:

1.) Trainer

2.) Gallardo

3.) Coaching Staff.

Not everything is Yost's fault.

I'd say:

1. Trainer

2. Ned

3. Gallardo

4. Coaching staff

How do Maddux or Simba have more responsibility/authority than Ned? The buck stops with Ned: he's not a doctor and counts on his trainer's opinion, but he shouldn't be taking players input over his own in my opinion.

Obviously the hyperextension of the knee caused the damage so surgery would have been required anyway. Ligaments do not heal themselves, they need to be repaired by surgery. So to blame this on any further damage by keeping him in the game is a moot point because there was a high probability of a tear already.

This is a crushing blow that cannot be overcome. Seriously this season is finished. We have one top flight starter in Sheets who will probably not stay healthy all year and 4 avg to below avg starters. Does anyone have total confidence in any starting pitchers not named Sheets? I felt very confident every time Gallardo pitched that the Brewers would win the game and the guy was a pure joy to watch. Hopefully we will have better luck in 2009 because 2008 is as good as over. Good luck in your recovery Yo, we all look forward to seeing you next season.

its always gotta come back to ned doesn't it FTJ.... GIVE IT UP!

It's a legitimate question.

If the tear was made worse by keeping him out there, especially by bring him back out for the next inning, heads should roll if not Ned's.

Its not a legitamate question at all everything with him always comes back to being ned's fault and its ridiculous. If the trainers and yovanni himself felt he could continue that is the most important thing. Ned has to go by what they say. if they felt he couldn't continue are you naive enough to believe he decided to keep him in anyway?

By the way, all the speculation is predicated on the belief that he did himself substantial additional harm by being sent back out there. Ain't how knee injuries like that work. I think the blame game is the rightful shock of losing a clearly dominant pitcher. Looking at the replay, I thought it a certainty that Yo was going to miss some time. But they don't have that luxury in the dugout. We've got to eat this and move on. To quote Braun, it's not supposed to be easy. But let's not complicate the issue by the circular firing squad.

This is a crushing blow that cannot be overcome. Seriously this season is finished. We have one top flight starter in Sheets who will probably not stay healthy all year and 4 avg to below avg starters. Does anyone have total confidence in any starting pitchers not named Sheets? I felt very confident every time Gallardo pitched that the Brewers would win the game and the guy was a pure joy to watch. Hopefully we will have better luck in 2009 because 2008 is as good as over. Good luck in your recovery Yo, we all look forward to seeing you next season.

I don't think the season is over...The Brewers are 4 games over .500 and have essentially done that without out Yo (three starts that the team went 1-2) The offense really has not done much, so i think this team is capable of contending this year without Yowhen the Offense kicks into gear...Would yo have helped, yes, no doubt.....But the season is not over, the Brewers just have to overcome another obstacle.

You sound like a Cubs fan

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, we might as well not watch any games ever again

I'd say this makes Brewers a longshot to win division now. Not impossible, but onus is squarely on Sheets to stay healthy and others to perform to their peak. I can't see teams giving up quality pitching at this point. Maybe later as teams fall out of it, but not know. This also brings into question 2009. Typical recovery time is 10 months but often it takes 18 months for full recovery and this is his push off leg.

Will be tough start tonight for Villy with this happening to his buddy.

If I can watch Wayne Franklin pitch and Tyler Houston start, I can put up with the rest of the year. I ain't giving up and the season ain't over. What price in players would we have to pay to get a starter CLOSE to Yo caliber? Any opposing GM has us over a barrell.

Still, I need to go DL Yo on my fantasy team.

its always gotta come back to ned doesn't it FTJ.... GIVE IT UP!

It's a legitimate question.

If the tear was made worse by keeping him out there, especially by bring him back out for the next inning, heads should roll if not Ned's.

Its not a legitamate question at all everything with him always comes back to being ned's fault and its ridiculous. If the trainers and yovanni himself felt he could continue that is the most important thing. Ned has to go by what they say. if they felt he couldn't continue are you naive enough to believe he decided to keep him in anyway?

Where did I say that or even imply it?

My list said that the trainer holds the biggest responsibility and I do honestly believe that the manager holds more responsibility since 1) players are gonna say they can go whether they can or not ("gritty battlers") and 2) the player doesn't know any better than Ned since neither of them have medical training and the bottom line is that the buck stops with Ned and it's his decision.

I never even called for his firing here; I just said that heads should roll if keeping him in there (especially bringing him back out for the next inning, which struck many as crazy at the time--why would you risk that at this point in the season no matter what the player says?) turns out to have made any kind of tear worse.

I mean, Ned believed Gagne when Gagne said he was OK after pitching four straight days--that doesn't display good judgment in my opinion.

Fondy I couldnt say it better myself. For all the people that are saying the year is over, god bless them. I am happy because casual fans like that are not needed and maybe we dont need to listen to all nonstop Ned bashing and the constant whining that occurs on a daily basis. If you watching the brewers was based on Yo then I guess you just started watching the team anyways and not really a fan anyways.

If I can watch Wayne Franklin pitch and Tyler Houston start, I can put up with the rest of the year.

Difference being, of course, we knew those seasons were in the tank before they even began.

This should have been a playoff year, and yeah, it still can be, we still have some big dogs, but I'm not gonna deny that this is a major blow to our chances to see playoff baseball this year, and a regular old Brewers season is not going to satisfy.

Injuries happen. Just have to suck it up and move on.

Parra, Villy, and Bush, all have to step it up now.

The season's not over, it's just going to be a bit more difficult now.

I blame Prince for not calling him off earlier. Just kidding. I'd have to say that he tore it when he jumped/fell. I'm no doctor, but I doubt him continuing to pitch is the reason he's lost for the year.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived