Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo injury: Has torn ACL, placed on 15-day DL; Bush recalled (reply #32)

Gopher74
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good god this team is cursed when it actually has good starting pitching. Nieves, Teddy, Cal, Sheets and now Yo. Of course it had to happen on some freak, ridiculous play against the Cubs.

I don't see how we can compete with out trading for a #2/#3 type pitcher. Any thoughts?

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Remember all that pitching depth we had at the beginning of spring training? Well yeah i would say most of its gone..... Sheets better stay healthy or we may see Weaver in Milwaukee http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Man. After reading the more optimistic sounding jsonline blog entry Thursday night, I was telling someone that I'd feel a lot better if there were no pain or swelling by the same time Friday night.

Given the tumble Yo took, I'd guess the bulk of the damage was done then, and any additional damage caused by his stay in the game was relatively incidental. Disclaimer, though, I have no medical background.

At least we know right away - none of the 'day to day' followed by 'miss one start just as a precaution' followed by 'DL stint retroactive to a while ago' crap that frustrates so many fans.

Ben's in a contract year; maybe he'll step up like a guy in a contract year. Talk about a character builder for this team, though.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's too early to worry about trading for another starting pitcher. Let's see where we are at the end of May and at the end of June.

Amen. Let's revive ourselves from the fainting couch. Battle on. Nothing else to do. Maybe someone will emerge from Nashville. Maybe Villy and Parra will step up. Why they play 162 games. It sucks, to be sure, but the team needs to focus.

its always gotta come back to ned doesn't it FTJ.... GIVE IT UP!

It's a legitimate question.

If the tear was made worse by keeping him out there, especially by bring him back out for the next inning, heads should roll if not Ned's.

So much for targeting a year like 2008 and saying 'we weren't supposed to do anything in 2007 anyway.'

Well, maybe this belongs in the silver lining thread, but if they end up like I think they will, at least maybe they'll pull off a semi-big trade for Sheets and Ned Yost will be gone. Of course Sheets has to stay healthy himself though.

While I have no idea if it made it worse, it was a fantastic decision by the coaching staff to keep Gallardo in the game.

If we're assigning blame for Yo staying in the game, the order of blame goes like this:

1.) Trainer

2.) Gallardo

3.) Coaching Staff.

Not everything is Yost's fault.

Wouldn't this fall on the training staff and not Ned? I just don't see how the immediate thought is to him? I would imagine the damage was done at the point it happened, and leaving him in didn't make things any worse.

Either way, I don't think you wait to trade for pitching, find someone now, and show that the Brewers are serious about this thing. I do not want to rely on Dave Bush and potentially Jeff Weaver to get this thing done.

Just wond'ring aloud (h/t to FtJ http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ), but if the Giants were interested in a Corey Hart-level player in return for Lincecum...

Would starting things around Gamel or LaPorta be in the neighborhood? Or is it not even worth it to deal away guys like that for this season?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived