Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo injury: Has torn ACL, placed on 15-day DL; Bush recalled (reply #32)

Gopher74

Weird that I brought up Sheets? (do you think he would have stayed in the game?)

I think it's both weird and annoying that you have to bring Sheets into it when he had absolutely nothing to do with the game today.

But I guess, some people just have to sprinkle a little negativity everywhere they go. I've come to accept this.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it utterly amazing that this incident is used by some to back door slam Sheets.

It is completely different. Yes, it looked awful, but it seems Yo was lucky, and he did not do major damage.

I guess the criterion on injury is if it looks bad on camera, we give the guy a break. Yet if it is a non visible, tear rupture or strain that is not dramatic on camera, then the player is a wimp, sissy, injury prone or whatever pejorative is in vogue.

As brian suggested in the chat room:

It's pretty cleear than Yo is Wolverine, so I'm not worried...

just a sickening two minutes when he was writhing on the ground... i still cannot believe he stayed in the game

just a sickening two minutes when he was writhing on the ground... i still cannot believe he stayed in the game

Yea, I called my old man...told him that I was pretty sure Gallardo just blew out his knee and was done for a while.

He thought I was screwin' with him.

I can't believe that they let him continue to pitch.

Me neither. I wonder though -- once it's torn, did it really hurt anything for him to keep pitching? I'd imagine if it were a partial tear, it would've happened eventually anyway.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Me neither. I wonder though -- once it's torn, did it really hurt anything for him to keep pitching?

I don't know - I think the damage had probably already been done -- but I think once you tear your ACL you should probably quit pitching.

Regardless, I don't think Yost showed any sort of sensibility in continuing to let him pitch -- not Yo.

I don't think his continued pitching had anything to do with it.

The only way the Brewers are legitimate playoff threats now is to swing a deal for another front line starters.

This was the only year we were going to have Yovanni and Sheets together. Ouch.

Archived