Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo injury: Has torn ACL, placed on 15-day DL; Bush recalled (reply #32)

Gopher74

He's not even getting the surgery until next week?!?!?

I admitetdly know nothing about how scheduling and availability for this kind of thing works (which I'm sure someone will fill us in on), and I know that despite my feeling that every day counts he likely wouldn't be available until next February anyway, but I guess I assumed he went in Monday morning if not last Friday afternoon.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Anderson mentioned tonight on the broadcast that Gallardo told him he would return to the rotation in September.

This was followed by very successful surgery and he is jumping right into the rehab tommorrow. Depending on how his rehab goes, it's plausible he could be ready by then.

Obviously, what he said is quite possibly just his own optimism. But just the possibility that we could have him for the stretch run in the last month if we can hold it together is very encouraging.

Obviously, what he said is quite possibly just his own optimism. But just the possibility that we could have him for the stretch run in the last month if we can hold it together is very encouraging.

Except that the Brewers trainers have said the same thing.

I'd be a lot better if it wasn't his drive leg which requires a lot more stability and strength, but all the same, if he can come back, more power to him. We desperately need him if we're going to do anything in the playoffs. He's going to have a very small impact on us getting there, but just the idea of him coming back could give this team a boost. But once we get to a short series, we're dead in the water if we run out Sheets, Suppan and whoever.

Now Sheets, Gallardo and Suppan is a different story.

Archived