Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo injury: Has torn ACL, placed on 15-day DL; Bush recalled (reply #32)

Gopher74

Oh God....I think I'm going to be sick.

Just take him out and thank GOD that he can even walk on that knee.

Seriously, I thought that was a torn ACL right off the bat, and now he's walking on it? For Christ Sakes, we deserve some good luck here.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim "cannot believe it"

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Was it the same knee he had the surgury on?

I can't believe that he's back in the game right now.

Yes, it was the same knee.

For the love of god, just take him out. I don't care if we lose this game by 20 runs, if he's limping, get him out of there.

Jim "cannot believe it"

I can't either. I seriously almost just threw up.

This is very much like in the Packers season when KGB got his ankle rolled over. I was so sure that he was out for at least 6 weeks.

The difference is, if we lose Yo we lose any hope.

Hey, it's my Birthday in a couple days. There's not a damn thing in the world I'd want more than Yovani being alright.

Can someone describe and/or embed a video of the injury? I've been at work, missing this game. Thanks in advance.

It was pretty sick.

I thin it was maybe Theriot who hit a ball down to first in between 1st and the pitcher. Prince fielded the ball and it was an in between play where YO wasn't likely to be there in time, so he kinda dove to tag Theriot who was diving himself. Meanwhile Gallardo was running over, jumped over them to get out of the way and he just brushed the runner which made him land funny and he really hyper extended his knee. It was ugly, and I can't believe he came back out to pitch. Absolutely amazing.

I don't have a good feeling about it at all, I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up missing at least a start once it swells up.

After watching what happened and his reaction, him missing one start is great as far as I'm concerned.

But I'd say right now based on what the team has said(namely Maddux) that he's about 75/25 on making his next start. In all honesty, if it's a reason to bring Bush back up and send Turnbow down, sit him. I mean, his next start is scheduled to be vs a young guy who's got an ERA over 7 for the Marlins. I'd rather throw Bush out there than hope Yo's alright.

Maddux didn't seem too concerned about it after the game. It all depends on how it feels tomorrow. We have an off day before his next start. Hopefully he will be fine in 6 days. This isn't Sheets we're talking about.

Maddux didn't seem too concerned about it after the game. It all depends on how it feels tomorrow. We have an off day before his next start. Hopefully he will be fine in 6 days. This isn't Sheets we're talking about.

I hope you don't honestly think it would matter? Because that is just weird if you do.

Well if it didn't swell up that is a great sign because when I tore my acl it swelled up like crazy within the first hour or so. The doctor said that it is typical for the knee to swell when the acl is torn. This is a good sign so far.

I hope you don't honestly think it would matter? Because that is just weird if you do.

Weird that Maddux didn't seem concerned about it? (Did you see his interview?). Weird that it depends on how he feels tomorrow? (We already know there is no swelling or pain). Weird that we have an off day before his next start? (We do). Weird that I hope he will be fine in 6 days? (Hmmm). Weird that I brought up Sheets? (do you think he would have stayed in the game?)

I think as someone else said in the IGT that there was no side to side movement of the knee and it was more the knee cap getting pushed in too far. A play tat looked horrible and probably felt even scarier, especially for a guy who already has hurt his knee once but nothing more. That would explain the lack of swelling and why he was able to pitch shortly there after. I think we as Brewers fans have been conditioned with Sheets to gasp at all injuries. I don't think he will miss a start given Maddux after the game and TH reporting no swelling.

That play looked gruesome. But after he got up and started walking around his body language said to me, "Well that's strange, it doesn't even hurt." He DID give up some runs the inning after the injury but who knows if that has anything to do with the injury. I'd be surprised if he missed his next start. But if there IS any sort of pain or discomfort there, i wouldn't at all be opposed to sitting him for a start.

I told my roommate as soon as I saw him up stretching it that it was probably one of those occurrences where you twist your ankle or jam your knee and you scream and writhe in fear as much as pain and then when you get up to move around find out things are alright. It's a scary few moments, for sure.

That said, after watching the first replay I thought major surgery and see you next year, Yovani.

Archived