Brewer Fanatic

"Planet X"

sheetswannabe

It's funny that you brought this up. This caught my attention 2 days ago, and I'm not sure how I stumbled upon it.

I'm not sure if this is science or pseudo-science. Back in 1982, there was a lot of talk about "Planet X" because an unknown force seemed like it was tugging on Neptune and Pluto. Since then, it seems to have been explained away by our more advanced understandings of gravity. There are some who also believe that we're in a binary solar system and "Planet X" is actually a "brown dwarf" (a failed star that was never born).

There are many conspiracy theorists who believe the government is hiding information about this, or even to a further extent, that the coming of "Planet X" is going to raise us to a new level of consciousness, and that our oppressive reptilian overlords fear this is going to happen. Nibiru is the name that I believe the Sumerians gave it 3600 some-odd years ago, and that a race of gods lived on it.

In my personal opinion, I don't believe in its existence. But then again, maybe that's what the reptilians want me to think http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

EDIT: You'll have to excuse some of my geekiness on the issue. Cosmology and Astrophysics are huge interests of mine, as is psychology and the unexplained.

My friend just brought this up to me 2 days ago as well. I was going to start a topic, then thought...nah, noone will know what im talking about. Weird. ANyways, he was going into the Mayan calender, and the 2 sun theory and this and that. He also mentioned crossing the equator in the galaxy, thus flopping the poles and magnets or something. It was alittle much, definatly interesting. He said the world was going to "end" on Dec. 21 2012. If you go to youtube, there are some neat videos that try to explain it. It was pretty interesting to look at.

The flipping of the poles is scientific fact, as there's plenty of evidence of it. As far as whether we can pin this on "Niribu" or not, that's another issue.

I look at this way ... You have to look at the quality of the documentation that supports the idea. The youtube videos and "Planet X" websites all pretty much look like conspiracy theory whackjob sites and videos. Given the absence of notable scientists coming out and warning us about this, it makes me believe it's all bunk.

I played "Shadowrun" a lot in high school as an alternative to dating (I had no alternative). I look forward to the end of this world and the return of magic in 2012. I'm looking forward to everybody I dislike turning into an orc or a troll.

I guess I'm not going to worry about the oil supply anymore. Screw that 401K and kid-college fund too. This is sort of a relief. I now say trade Laporta for Oswolt now!

The flipping of the poles is scientific fact, as there's plenty of evidence of it. As far as whether we can pin this on "Niribu" or not, that's another issue.

I look at this way ... You have to look at the quality of the documentation that supports the idea. The youtube videos and "Planet X" websites all pretty much look like conspiracy theory whackjob sites and videos. Given the absence of notable scientists coming out and warning us about this, it makes me believe it's all bunk.

Thats what I told him as well. I didnt know basically anything about it. After he mentioned it I watched some on my own and I told him the same thing. He thinks that since the poles are gonna flip, that is whats going to help with Earth's "downfall." I just thought those videos are neat and something fun to think about. I definatly am one for conspiracies :-D

Thats what I told him as well. I didnt know basically anything about it. After he mentioned it I watched some on my own and I told him the same thing. He thinks that since the poles are gonna flip, that is whats going to help with Earth's "downfall." I just thought those videos are neat and something fun to think about. I definatly am one for conspiracies :-D

I absolutely love conspiracy theories ... It's not so much that I buy into them, it's just that sometimes they're good for bending your mind.

Ever notice how they don't have any actual pictures of these other supposed planets, like "Planet X"? I'm not saying they don't exist, but a lot of it is based on hypothesis and theory, and then put out there as fact.

If "Planet X" is actually a brown dwarf, it's extremely difficult to see. They only emit light in the infrared spectrum, and no ground-based IR telescope would be strong enough to see it.

Archived