Brewer Fanatic

May Projections

And That

Milwaukee finished April with a record of 15-12, two games behind co-frontrunners Chicago and St. Louis. A few very intelligent people from the April Projections thread made the right call on the number of wins. I don't think any sane person had St. Louis winning 18 games. So what will May hold in store for the Brewers?

Home

St. Louis: 4 games

L.A. Dodgers: 3 games

Atlanta: 3 games

Houston: 2 games

Away

Chicago: 1 game

Houston: 3 games

Florida: 3 games

Boston: 3 games

Pittsburgh: 3 games

Washington: 4 games

17 road games and 12 home games though outside of the Boston series, most of the road series shouldn't be too tough. I keep coming up with something between 14-16 wins. We stumbled to 15 wins despite almost nothing going right in May - I feel comfortable being optimistic and saying the Brewers will go 16-13 in May. That'll give them a 31-25 record and keep them on pace for 90 wins.

I also predict the Cardinals will not still be in first place at the end of the month.

Edit: FWIW, in May the Cubs have 17 home games (12 road games) and the Cardinals have 14 home games (14 road games).

Home

St. Louis: 4 games: 2-2

L.A. Dodgers: 3 games: 1-2

Atlanta: 3 games: 1-2

Houston: 2 games: 2-0

Away

Chicago: 1 game: 1-0

Houston: 3 games: 3-0

Florida: 3 games: 2-1

Boston: 3 games: 1-2

Pittsburgh: 3 games: 2-1

Washington: 4 games: 3-1

18-11, that would be bad. 33-23 overall. That would be pretty nice.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I go with 14-15 in May (and I think that might optimistic).

Home

St. Louis: 4 games (2-2)

L.A. Dodgers: 3 games (2-1)

Atlanta: 3 games (1-2)

Houston: 2 games (1-1)

Away

Chicago: 1 game (0-1)

Houston: 3 games (2-1)

Florida: 3 games (2-1)

Boston: 3 games (1-2)

Pittsburgh: 3 games (1-2)

Washington: 4 games (2-2)

May will be a tough month, and I think people need to brace for it. The good news is that July and September are our best months schedule-wise, and we can make up lots of ground then as long as we keep it close this month and in August. Let the Cubs and Cards battle for first through June, then we can catapult them down the stretch.

At first glance, the road games would make me think the record is not going to be good. But then I realized that 7 of those games are against Washington and Pittsburgh. I'll agree with BCin04 and say 18-11.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I might be in the minority, but I see this as a break away month for the Brew Crew. These are team that we show beat regularly

Home

St. Louis: 4 games (3-1) there not that good and I see them fading in May

LA Dodgers: 3 games (2-1) just because we are at home

Atlanta:: 3 games (2-1) there pitching staff is in worse shape than ours

Houston: 2 games (2-0) just a bad team

Away

Chicago: 1 game (1-0)

Houston: 3 games (2-1) see above

Boston: 3 games (1-2) I'll be at that series would love to win 2 of 3, just depends on pitching match ups

Pittsburg: 3 games (2-1) we are just better

Washington: 4 games (3-1) just a really bad team

May record 20-9

How's come they're on the road so much this Spring? MLB trying to give the Cubs a boost so they can be the feel good story of 2008?

I say 17-12, tied with Cubs for 1st. St. Louis drops to 3rd. Reds call up Jay Bruce and Homer Bailey in mid May, ending the month just a game behind the Cards.

Community Moderator

Home

St. Louis: 4 games: 3-1

L.A. Dodgers: 3 games: 2-1

Atlanta: 3 games: 1-2

Away

Chicago: 1 game: 1-0

Houston: 3 games: 1-2

Florida: 3 games: 1-2

Pittsburgh: 3 games: 2-1

17-12 from me. I'll take that record. Personally, I'll even take a 15-14 month and wouldn't be surprised about it either.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Home

St. Louis: 4 games (1-3) LaRussa is in Ned's head

L.A. Dodgers: 3 games (1-2)

Atlanta: 3 games (2-1)

Houston: 2 games (2-0)

Away

Chicago: 1 game (0-1)

Houston: 3 games (2-1)

Boston: 3 games (1-2)

Pittsburgh: 3 games (1-2)

Washington: 4 games (2-2)

14-15 for me, keeping the Crew above .500 and within striking distance. July and September are the key months, the team is home for 33 and on the road for 23 games those months.

Florida has too much pitching for us. We never play well in Pittsburgh. Tony owns Ned despite how truly pathetic the Cards are. Boston? Geez how lucky can we get. 15 wins which in reality is pretty good. The Crew will be in 2nd place and be ready for their launch in June and July when they tear it up and put the Cubbies behind them.

i am already breaking my promise to myself not to do this. i am ashamed...

Home

St. Louis: 4 games: 2-2

L.A. Dodgers: 3 games: 1-2

Atlanta: 3 games: 2-1

Away

Chicago: 1 game: 0-1

Houston: 3 games: 2-1

Florida: 3 games: 2-1

Pittsburgh: 3 games: 1-2

16-13, and im being really optimistic. i can't believe only 1 other person who picked each series picked the brewers to lose to the pirates at PNC Park. What makes people think we can win that series, given our history??? It seems like every year, the Pirates suck, and every year, we are getting better, and every year, we lose.

Home:

St. Louis: 1-3, TLR continues his trouncing of Yost. And the STL pitchers understand you can just throw sliders off the plate to get all of our rightys out.

Dodgers: 2-1, They don't look too good.

Atlanta: 1-2, Cox also > Ned

Houston: 2-0, Might be 1-1. another not good team.

6-6 at home

Road:

Chicago: 0-1, Hard throwing righty ace means Brewers can't hit the ball

Houston: 2-1, they're bad at home too

Florida: 1-2, their young guys hit. Our young guys try to play beer league softball

Boston: 1-2, I'd consider it good to not be swept

Pittsburgh: 1-2, a very bad team. But we need to play this series at PNC.

Washington: 3-1, Doesn't seem like a hard series, but the Brewers may let down and drop two.

8-9 on the road

14-15 record in May, 29-27 record overall.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I guess that I didn't notice how different the Brewer and Cub home/away schedules looked this early in the year. Through may Cubs have 33 home and 23 away, the Crew has 25 home and 31 away. That should bode well for us if we can stay within 3-4 games by the end of May.

Home

St. Louis: 4 games--2-2

L.A. Dodgers: 3 games--2-1

Atlanta: 3 games--1-2

Houston: 2 games--1-1

Away

Chicago: 1 game--1-0

Houston: 3 games--2-1

Florida: 3 games--2-1

Boston: 3 games--1-2

Pittsburgh: 3 games--1-2

Washington: 4 games--3-1

16-13 it is. I have the Cubs at 18-11 for May and the Cards 14-14. That puts us 4 games back of the Cubs and .5 back of the Cards at the end of the month. Not great, but looks OK when you look at the rest of the schedule.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I think the bats heat up big and we go 16-13. The Cubs will still be in 1st place and the Cardinals will be 3rd.

And I will copy you.

I'm gonna jump on this as well. I think it will all start to come together and the Brewers will have a pretty good month.

Community Moderator

What a loser I am, I started the April thread, then didn't make a prediction of my own. If I had, I would have said 14-13, so I'll take the "L" either way.

For May

1-0 at Chicago

1-2 at Houston

1-2 at FL

2-2 vs St L

2-1 vs LA

1-2 at Boston

2-1 at Pitt...because it has to happen sometime

2-2 at Wash

2-1 vs Atl

2-0 vs Houston

16-13

At first glance, the road games would make me think the record is not going to be good. But then I realized that 7 of those games are against Washington and Pittsburgh. I'll agree with BCin04 and say 18-11.

Agreed. And with this first game of the month, I think an 18 win month is absolutely within reach.

Home

St. Louis: 4 games 3-1 as the Cards are bound to come back to Earth

L.A. Dodgers: 3 games 2-1 as the Dodgers simply aren't playing very good

Atlanta: 3 games 2-1 Smotlz is out as are a couple other key pitchers.

Houston: 2 games 1-1

Away

Chicago: 1 game -This is an easy one at this point

Houston: 3 games 2-1

Florida: 3 games 2-1

Boston: 3 games 1-2

Pittsburgh: 3 games 2-1

Washington: 4 games 3-1

Hell, I've got us at 19-10.

I don't know why this is such a tough schedule that people are saying going under .500 is "optimistic". There are the Sox. That's it. Who else is such a great team?

Florida has too much pitching for us. We never play well in Pittsburgh. Tony owns Ned despite how truly pathetic the Cards are. Boston? Geez how lucky can we get. 15 wins which in reality is pretty good. The Crew will be in 2nd place and be ready for their launch in June and July when they tear it up and put the Cubbies behind them.

Wait, what? Seriously?

I'd like to hear how you think that the Marlins have better pitching than the Brewers. They've got a very average staff.

Archived