Brewer Fanatic

Who Watched Til The Last Out?

I turned the TV off after the Soto HR in the first. I could tell the Brewers were just going to become a rented mule and I just couldn't take it. Not against that team and fanbase. I worked on my VB.net programming instead. My brother came in and asked how the game was. I told him I turned it off before we got the second out. He didn't want to talk Brewers again.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I stuck with it till the 8th, I didn't make it through T-Bow... I turned on the xbox and comenced dominating team death match in COD4 to make myself feel better.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Being a Brewers fan always has required much. We've never had the spree-drunk loser-cachet patina of the Cubs. The imperial magesty of the Yankees. The righteous destiny of the Cards. We've had the hard-luck Slavic and stabbing yearning of Brewers fans, a yearning that was extant two generations before in the small-town hysteria for the Braves.

So here we are, having been lanced to the heart by the $170 million Cubs payroll, shamed again in the national spotlight.. One more Station of the Brewers Cross. This is part of the ride. This is why I watched until the last out.

What a fine post. I especially like the Stations of the Cross metaphor.

Last night, however, I could not match Bring Back the Stein's staying power. Like Robin19, I turned off the TV after the first 3-run Soto homer (how's that for a disheartening phrase?), and although I joined the chat room later, I went to bed before the last batch of cub runs. In my defense, I have a cold.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I made it to the end.

I knew Turnbow was going to get a chance to pitch - and I really wanted to see how that worked out. (Guess that answered my question)

Plus, we've been hitting pretty well. I wanted to see if we could keep it up.

Watched the whole thing while I graded papers and worked on lesson plans. Without work-related issues, I might have spent some time on my latest scrapbooking project. However, as many have already posted, it's often hard to turn away, even when the game is so bad. Being a fan for 31 years (this year), it's hard to not watch--good, bad, or otherwise.

I tuned out after the first with only intermittent glances at the CBS Sportsline scoreboard to see if anything interesting was going down. Nothing could have happened that I couldn't have found out about via a check of the box score or MLB Gameday tracker. I'm pretty close to a die-hard fan, but a 95%+ loss is what it is, the only thing relevant to the next game is who got used from the bullpen and how hot the hitters are.

I had the game on the whole time, but can't say I really watched the whole thing. Did some stuff on the computer during the middle innings and jumped on the treadmill for the infamous eighth... so at least a little something good came out of the night for me.

Archived