Brewer Fanatic

5/1/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can ANYONE defend not having the bunt on for Hart there? Yeah, he's the 5 hitter, blah, blah blah.

You konw it's probably going to be low scoring. Get 'em over, get 'em in. Hell, with the Cubs figuring Yost to play it the way he did, Hart may even have gotten a hit out of it if he drags instead of sacrifices on his first attempt.

Can ANYONE defend not having the bunt on for Hart there? Yeah, he's the 5 hitter, blah, blah blah.

You konw it's probably going to be low scoring. Get 'em over, get 'em in. Hell, with the Cubs figuring Yost to play it the way he did, Hart may even have gotten a hit out of it if he drags instead of sacrifices on his first attempt.

Right on. There are times where you have to play for runs.

Zambrano is a strike out pitcher, Hall is a guy who strikes out a ton against righties. I don't see how the bunt increases our odds of scoring. Hall is more likely to strike out than GIDP.

Very easily. He's one of your three best hitters, and it's probably the only time all day he'll have a chance to drive someone in. I'd be furious if they bunted with him.

First thing that came to my mind when Prince walked was have Corey bunt. Should be a sac, and with his speed (if he hustles) could be a hit

Verified Member
Fielder should have dropped it... oh well.

I don't know, it looked like Fukudome was cheating towards second as Prince was making the catch. I wouldn't risk that when a gapper with two outs is likely to score DeRosa as well.

Man Yo is pitching good. I wish we could get him some runs. He is fastly becoming the next Ben Sheets as far as great starts with no run support to show for it.

I think of Gallardo as the teams ace, apparently so does the team since they won't score for him http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

On a note for everyone who doesnt get the Minor League forum LaPorta hit two more home runs for 9 on year. He has 8 in his last 11 games and in 56 minor league games he has 21 home runs.

Man Yo is pitching good. I wish we could get him some runs. He is fastly becoming the next Ben Sheets as far as great starts with no run support to show for it.

Maybe once we start scoring runs he will start walking 5+ and K 2 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

On a note for everyone who doesnt get the Minor League forum

Everyone "gets" the minor league forum. It's approximately two clicks away.

You are right. That was supposed to say "gets to the minor league forum"

Archived