Brewer Fanatic

5/1/08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Zambrano): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Think I'll take a late lunch and catch the start of this one at the sports bar. Hopefully the Brewers do just what the Cubs did last night--prove there isn't momentum from day-to-day in baseball.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could we just send Turnbow down to the minors and let him work it out there? If he gets claimed on waivers, that would be a good thing too... Someone help me out if there is a rule I'm overlooking here.

I believe if no one claimed him, he could refuse the assignment and the club would be on the hook for all his remaining salary (3.2M minus what's been paid out already minus minimum league salary if someone signs him). So, that's the gamble.

Actually if he refuses the assignment, he voids his own contract, so the team would NOT be on the hook for his salary.

If he accepts and goes down to AAA, then they still have to pay him his Major League Salary.

No more deflating than that no-no by Verlander, and they came back to win that series.

From the other side, Tuesday was supposed to be a "watershed" game for the Brewers, and they followed it up with last night's stinker.

Brewers
2B Rickie Weeks
CF Mike Cameron
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Bill Hall
SS Craig Counsell
RHP Yovani Gallardo
C Jason Kendall

Cubs
LF Alfonso Soriano
SS Ryan Theriot
1B Derrek Lee
3B Aramis Ramirez
RF Kosuke Fukudome
2B Mark DeRosa
C Geovany Soto
CF Reed Johnson
RHP Carlos Zambrano

From the other side, Tuesday was supposed to be a "watershed" game for the Brewers, and they followed it up with last night's stinker.

Unlike the rest of April, yesterday's loss can't be put onto the shoulders of the offense. I believe Tuesday was a "watershed" game for the Brewers bats.

My girlfriend used her photshop skills to try and cheer me up. I thought I'd share it with everyone here.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6899/brewerscubscarmanfj8.jpg

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

That's great Robin. Looks like you signed with a great team! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

While all games should be equally important, theoretically, this one seems a little more equally important than most. My key is for the hitters to be patient against Zambrano which I know is easier said than done.

That's great Robin. Looks like you signed with a great team! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

While all games should be equally important, theoretically, this one seems a little more equally important than most. My key is for the hitters to be patient against Zambrano which I know is easier said than done.

While good plate discipline is never a bad thing, Zambrano v. 2008 has not been the old zambrano. He is pitching to contact and not walking people like he used to. I would say that we should go out and try to be aggressive on good 1st pitch fastballs and try to get a couple early runs before zambrano settles in and then let YO do his thing

Actually Gorman, you said what I was trying to get across better than I could. You're absolutely right on the 1st pitch fastballs. My worry has more to do with being more selective early in the count.

This is a bit off topic and totally out of the blue, but I think Trenni does a really solid job. She seems quite enthusiastic and motivated, asks good questions, and seems to have some overall baseball knowledge, Shes not bad to look at either

Actually Gorman, you said what I was trying to get across better than I could. You're absolutely right on the 1st pitch fastballs. My worry has more to do with being more selective early in the count.

Precisely Doctah Jones!

This is a bit off topic and totally out of the blue, but I think Trenni does a really solid job. She seems quite enthusiastic and motivated, asks good questions, and seems to have some overall baseball knowledge, Shes not bad to look at either

I would agree. I think as far as female sideline reporters go she is one of the best. She seems to really be a fan and know the game and asks good questions to players/coaches. She has been a very welcomed addition to the FSN broadcasts.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Verified Member

I prefer Ann Carroll.

I prefer Ann Carroll.

You would!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Archived