Brewer Fanatic

Karl Malone's Son

Gobias Industries

Just thought I'd pass this along, Karl Malone's son was drafted this past weekend by the Bills.

But that's not the story, allegedly Malone impregenated the then 12 year old girl while he was a sophomore at Louisiana Tech.

With this and the recent Clemens news, what in the world is going on? Why weren't these guys prosecuted? I've never really like Malone for no apparent reason, but this article now gives me reason.

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/334471.html

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Consensual sex with 12 year olds is rarely prosecuted?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Why weren't these guys prosecuted?

The article says that her parents declined to press charges.

I love the ending to the article:

Here's hoping Bell has a long and prosperous NFL career. He might never be as great in his sport as Malone was in his, but Bell has already surpassed his father as a man.
Gruber Lawffices

Its just sick - thats a little child - 12 years old is not at all a woman and does not really have characteristics of a woman. Someone who does this - Malone or Clemens or some sicko on your block - they have some serious problems. Consensual? She isnt even a teenager! There are situations where I would rather look the other way like when its a 17 and 18 year old, but 12?!!?

A soph at Lou tech? That makes him what about 19 or 20?

you sound like you are saying its ok as long as the sixth grader is fine with it, al

I don't think he sounds like this for a second, and it should be overwhelming obvious to you that Al is not "meaning to sound like that".

All Al is saying, is that cases where an 18 year old has consensual sex with a 13-15 year old, the cases are not often prosecuted -- of course court statistics may prove him wrong, but all he is commenting on is the prosecution aspect -- not the moral issues.

To my knowledge, unless a "name" is involved, the DA will never charge unless the parents of the minor ask them to. also, they are asked once, and that's it. I knew of a 15 year-old that after they broke up, her parents asked the boy be charged, and the DA said, "My office is not a place for revenge."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I find it very difficult to believe that statutory rape of a 12 year old would not be prosecuted 100% of the time. 15 - 17 year old I can understand.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived