Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park rated 2nd best Park by fans, per SI.

#1 in food, 2nd in affordability, and #1 in promotions. Not a bad list(it was a fan survey). They weighed each category evenly, so i think that helps explain why so many older stadiums were lower on the list.

Other NLC stadiums were ranked:

3. Pirates

5. Cardinals

13. Reds

15. Cubs

16. Astros

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html?bcnn=yes

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Neat Survey, here are some points that I found interesting.

Neighborhood, which I would assume to mean crime or lack there of. Detroit 12th Milwaukee 18th
Traffic.....Chicago 1....ummm, no way.

They did have most of the Devil rays attributes correct however, what a dump.

Neighborhood, which I would assume to mean crime or lack there of. Detroit 12th Milwaukee 18th

Traffic.....Chicago 1....ummm, no way.

Neighborhood = stuff to do within walking distance. By those standards, MP kinda stinks compared to Boston, Chicago, etc.

Team quality and tradition seem to be a little bogus when measuring ballparks. PNC is absoultely a great park and much better than Miller Park, I don't care how bad they are. I also highly doubt Camden Yards is only the 14th best MLB park.

Didn't SI have Miller Park as the best place to see a game a couple of years ago (may have even been last year)? They based it the same criteria I think and were "voted" number 1 in large part due to affordibility, parking, and food. Am I imagining this?

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I'll take tailgating over crowded, smelly bars and restaurants around the stadium. Nothing beats firing up the grill at MP and throwing back some cold ones for a couple of hours before heading into the game.

I'll take tailgating over crowded, smelly bars and restaurants around the stadium. Nothing beats firing up the grill at MP and throwing back some cold ones for a couple of hours before heading into the game.

agreed. It's just not a baseball game unless i'm grillin out.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Well Wrigley is a dump, so throwing garbage makes sense. There is plenty of it available in, and around, that hole. Smells like a toilet, falling apart, the whole neighborhood around it reeks like a garbage dump. Other than that it's a fine place to watch a game.

They forgot one

Miller Park #1 in being 50% empty for 80% of all Brewer Games

Really? We averaged 35,422 last season, about 85% full, this season we are sitting on 33,784 (which is actually about 3,000 more than last season at this time).

They forgot one

Miller Park #1 in being 50% empty for 80% of all Brewer Games

Pretty sure Tampa Bay holds that record. Besides, those days are behind us. With a chance to get over 3 million tickets sold this year, i'm pretty sure we will be more than 1/2 full for most of the games this year.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived