Brewer Fanatic

Brady Clark unretired? Plays in AAA (NYM affiliate) game 5/3/08

TooLiveBrew

... as opposed to heading to AAA. Fight the power, Brady! Stole this from Rotoworld:

The New York Daily News reports that Brady Clark is expected to retire rather than report to Triple-A.

Clark was designated for assignment by the Mets last week and cleared waivers.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

WhileI'm glad we upgraded from him I always respected him. Good luck at what ever you do. If he so choses I'd bet he would be good at coaching/managing down the road. Guys who have to scrap and fight for every inch always seem to do better than the guys with a boatload of talent when it comes to teaching others.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
And somewhere Geno is smiling...
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brady Clark's yearly salaries:

2002 Cincinnati Reds $233,000

2003 Milwaukee Brewers $312,500

2004 Milwaukee Brewers $376,000

2005 Milwaukee Brewers $1,150,000

2006 Milwaukee Brewers $3,200,000

2007 Los Angeles Dodgers $3,900,000

Career (may be incomplete) $9,171,500

Ahhh, Bray-dee Clark (as Robb Edwards pronounced it at the park).

We'll always have your attempted steal of home in Shea a few weeks ago that left me shaking my head that you would try it, yet grateful that you tried it as a Met and were cut down at the plate by the Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I always liked Brady. A good free pickup by Doug. Brady has no reason to hang his head. A hard nose scrappy guy who made it all the way to Major League Starter one season, and had a handful of decent seasons as a spare outfielder. Who wouldn't trade in their fiance for a chance to do the same? Good for you, Brady. You worked your way up, took your talented as far as it could take you, and knew when it was time to hang it up. Hope you invested well; you'll have some great stories for the grandkids sometime down the line.

Always liked Brady. Played hard and always left everything out on the field. Two things I will always remember Brady for was his very good 2005 year when he hit .306 13 HR's 53 RBI and scored 94 runs and the amazing catch he made in CF back in 2003 in Colorado. Good luck Brady wish ya well!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Share your favorite Brady Clark moments here!

"YOU ARE NOT FAST!"

-Me, yelling at Brady Clark on TV

"STOP TRYING TO STEAL YOU ARE NOT FAST"

-Me, yelling at Brady Clark at Miller Park

"WHY ARE YOU TELLING BRADY CLARK TO STEAL?"

-Me, to Ned Yost

Brady Clark was the master of bloop singles, plate crowding, caught stealings, and general better than Scott Podsednikness. In fact, I propose the term "bloop single" be re-named "Brady Clark hit".

I like Brady, always had a soft spot for him. I tend to latch on to the players who aren't the must talented guys but still find their own edge and get the job done.

Good luck Brady.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I respect Brady and wish him the best of luck. He'll be back in 2010. He needs to spend 2009 as a coach before we'll resign him.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

According to baseball-reference.com, Clark has earned $9,171,500 between 2002 and 2007. He never has to work another day in his life.

Brady Clark was one of the few gritty battlers that deserved the title. He always got on base at a decent clip and could be counted on for a good at bat. And let's not forget his catch in Colorado during the 2003 season. Perhaps the most spectacular in I've seen anyone in a Brewers uniform make.

Archived