Brewer Fanatic

4/27/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Astros (Oswalt): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW !!!

What a thrilling victory. It feels so great to beat their ace in their home park, especially considering we had nothing going offensively for most of the game.

This is just awesome.

BREWERS WIN !!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/BrewersFlag3.gif

FSN Houston showed a stat when Turnbow came in...the Brewers are one of 3 teams in the majors that are undefeated when leading after 7 innings. With tonight's win, they improve to 11-0 when leading after the 7th.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
1. Who bats 4th?

Right now, Menchkins.

And by the way, I hope I eat my words and Billy does well. But what I see, (and I have either seen or been there for every game but three this year) is that Billy is the most confused at the plate. Although Rickie's average stinks, his OBP and Slugging are solid and he is stealing bases at 100%.

Billy is getting picked off, striking out, and making defensive miscues far too much. He is the opposite of Damian Miller...the three games he sat, the Brewers won each one of them.

I don't want to see Mench or Jenkins bat 4th. I like them lower in the order with less pressure on them. I still see them more as complimentary players to our main offense. They both are doing fine and I would hate to mess with it.

Today's game, IMO, was with the exception of the two baserunning errors, a perfect example of the all-around success this team is capable of having.

It had everything...Clutch hitting, solid starting pitching, lights out relief pitching, patient hitting against a dominant pitcher, solid defense, etc. etc. etc!

A win like this is more satisfying than a 11-0 blowout against a Vanderhurk-esque pitcher...It just showcased everything we've got. I love it.

I was driving over to a friend's house for some (hanging my head in shame here) non-Brewer-tv watching. As I was heading out, after seven, I was expecting to miss a CG shutout by Oswalt and a 1-0 Crew loss.

In driving, I was able to hear much of the sixth, seventh and eighth innings on, and it was very satisfying to hear the hitters being patient vs Oswalt, then getting two straight hits, a walk and some CLUTCH hitting by JJ Hardy.

This team is really pleasing me right now! They're very much getting it done all over the field, and they're not even hitting on all cylinders yet!

It's scary how good this team can be when Sheets gets into his groove, Rickie and Billy find their swings and we get a reliable arm in middle relief.

Even worse, imagine that lineup with Braun! I'm totally on the bandwagon here, folks.

Archived