Brewer Fanatic

4/27/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Astros (Oswalt): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Woodman's West in Madison this afternoon, they played "Never Surrender" while I was there. It was the highlight of my shopping trip.

I believe this is a sign that Corey will have a big night. Fortunately, the splits indicate that he should be in the lineup.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hope you are right hawing. Did you stop in for a pitcher at the Old Town Pub, I used to go there waaayyyy too often. And as soon as I moved from that neighborhood they put a LaBamba in. I love LaBamba!

First of all, Woogie, you never cease to amaze me.

Second, how much longer do Jenkins and Mench have to keep it up before they get swapped with Estrada in the lineup? To me, lineup order isn't that big of a deal, but still....

Third, I can't wait to see Braun in that line up!

Quick question. Next Friday's game against Pittsburgh is bobblehead night and half price ticket night. Three of us will be driving down to the game and we were hoping to just buy the tickets at the game. Will that be possible or is it possible the game will be sold out by then? Thanks in adavance.

Who does Lee get to drive in that's so much better than Jenkins and Mench that the comparison is so unfair?

Apparently, people who are getting into scoring position for him:

[b] TPA runners[/b] Lee 94 30 Mench 60 17 Jenkins 58 14

Menckins might have 24 more PAs but that's translated into only one extra runner in scoring position. That's why RBI numbers don't tell you much unless you know the how many RBI opportunites each batter had. Just looking at PAs isn't enough.

I'm going to say that Carlos Lee will hit 12 HR's in Houston's Little League park tonight, but it'll be a Craig Biggio popfly HR into the Crawford Boxes that will beat the Brewers in the bottom of the 9th.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
Russ, you and your stats. You're such a square.

Haha and here I was looking at his stats and just drooling.

Someone should create an adjusted RBI. Something like (RBI / (runners per PA)). does that even work? It's been a while since my elementary stats class...

Archived