Brewer Fanatic

Hypothetical question

I've just started my second semester of graduate school for my masters in sports management. Ideally I would like to get into baseball, be it at the major league or minor league level. Here's my hypothetical question for you:

Say The Chicago Cubs contacted you for employment with them. As a Brewer fan could you work for them? If you could work for them, would you have to like the team and root for them?

If they were the only organization offering me a job, I would take it. As big a Brewer fan as we all are, my desire to put food on the table and a roof over my family's heads would trump my aversion to the Cubs. No need to cheer for them, you just go in and do your job to the best of your ability and leave at the end of the day. Who knows, maybe you could get free tickets when the Crew is in town. I wouldn't bring my Prince bobblehead to work, though.

I would take the job, and then start knowing that Jody Davis spelled backward is YDOJ SIVAD.

To have a job in baseball would be the coolest possible thing in the world, and team allegiance would have to go into your back pocket for awhile.

The Cubs are a historic franchise, with gobs of history, playing in one of the last remaining gems--if it meant rolling up tarps or sweeping the concourse, or getting Lou a bottle of water, you've got to take that (hypothetical) job.

Must be in the minority here but I wouldn't do it. I guess I'm not the best person to ask because I'm not in the situation. I just hate the Cubs more than anything. Sounds pretty stupid I know but thats just the way I feel. In fantasy baseball leagues I don't pick up any Cubs because I can't stand the thought of cheering for them to do well. Obviously different but just thought I would throw it out there.

Archived