Brewer Fanatic

4/28/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Astros (Sampson): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also for what its worth Bush did pitch out of it, he made two hitters look bad that should have been the 3rd out and both got little fluke hits. Sometimes they are just going to drop.

A smash down the right field line is a fluke hit? No.

I don't dislike Bush. He could be very solid. But he is MUCH more likely to get ripped and ending up having the floodgates opened on us than Capuano. There's no question about that.Capuano is absolutely more likely to keep us in the game.

There's no nonsense about that.

Capellan anyone?

I don't care if he's cussed out Melvin and Yost, bring his 96 mph fastball back here NOW! This Dessens/Aquino/Spurling experiment is horrible. I'd be ready to bet not a one of these three is still on this roster by mid-season or shortly thereafter.

I expected a loss tonight. HOU has lost 7 in a row and its team is too good to keep racking up L's. I could see us still running out of here with 2 W's though, which would be great.

By the way, seeing Pence up here makes me salivate for the services of Braun in our lineup. Especially with the way our cleanup guy has been hitting. We could use that bat in our lineup ASAP.

I guess when you play 162 of these, you are going to have a few stinkers every now and then. It's just one of those nights.

Anyway, Chris Spurling needs to be demoted and they should bring Jose Capellan back.

And bring up Braun too.

Quote:
I guess when you play 162 of these, you are going to have a few stinkers every now and then. It's just one of those nights.

Yes indeed. Seemed like in recent years, games almost as bad as this were a weekly occurence, so I'm thankful for the way the Crew has played this year...

Just how bad can Braun's arm be? I agree with others, we need his bat sooner rather than later

yea, I'm debating putting on a rant about calling up CAppellan, it's not going to happen people...we'll exhaust Nashville and maybe Huntsvilles bullpen before he comes back up because he was an idiot. Dillard, Zumwalt, Sarafate and maybe even Jackson are all more likely ((in no particular order)).

Capellan anyone?
As long as José doesn't further fuel the fire, I think he can be brought up anytime. The team proved its point by bypassing him last week.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I would love Dillard instead of Dessens.. the long mop-up role seems something he would be perfect for..

I find it interesting that the Brewers could take first and have a lower payroll next year after dumping:

Jenkins (7mil)

Mench (3.5 mil)

Graffy (3 mil)

Coco (5 mil)

Miller (3 mil)

Dessens (1.7 mil)

Total: 24 mil

Quote:
Can we call up Ben Hendrickson in time to finish this game? At this point I'd allow Spurling to pitch as long as he can, I wouldn't want to waste any of our MLB arms on this disaster

Since he is in Kansas City's system, I don't think we can call him up at all.

Quote:
I don't dislike Bush. He could be very solid. But he is MUCH more likely to get ripped and ending up having the floodgates opened on us than Capuano. There's no question about that.Capuano is absolutely more likely to keep us in the game.

There's no nonsense about that.

Sure there is~ Show some statistical proof or something to back up the statement at least. Bush doesn't tank games any more than anyone else and Capuano doesn't have some magical touch where he leaves everyone stranded. I've watched every game by both of these guys as Brewers just like you probably have and I say its nonsense.

Quote:
Sure there is~ Show some statistical proof or something to back up the statement at least. Bush doesn't tank games any more than anyone else and Capuano doesn't have some magical touch where he leaves everyone stranded. I've watched every game by both of these guys as Brewers just like you probably have and I say its nonsense.

I don't have time to do that kind of research right now. But I will check it out tommorow and post on the main board about it.

Archived