Brewer Fanatic

4/28/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Astros (Sampson): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Community Moderator

I like the way things are going, but I'm not going to change my preseason prediction of 83-85 wins yet. Remember, the 2003 Brewers went on a 14-2 stretch. Furthermore, we haven't had any injuries yet.

That being said, this team isn't playing up to its potential yet, Braun isn't here, Hall is batting under .250, Sheets has been inconsistent, and Aquino/Villenueva cost us a few games. I want to see how they do in May on the two road trips (NYM/PHI and LAD/SD) before I consider 90 wins and a division title as a possibility.

It sure looks good though so far!!!

By the way, these games against the Astros are not must-wins. Even if we lose tonight and tomorrow, it's a 3-3 road trip, which satisfies the goal of .500 on the road. I would sure like us to win tonight, though, the pitching matchup looks good and the Astros have been horrible lately.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
By the way, these games against the Astros are not must-wins

Very true, but a win now is just as good as a win later. To be honest I would just love to have Hou fighting off a sweep tomorrow. Send an early message, get the crowds at home over 30,000 all year and have fun.

Sort of sad that as of right now the 2 worst hitters in that lineup are Hall and Weeks... or maybe it's good, I guess it depends on your perspective.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

It would be greedy to want the Crew to match the Power's current win streak, but I'll settle for 10 in a row which should just about bury everyone else in the division http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I never really paid much attention to Ann Carroll before now when I was focusing on the pregame and wow does she stumble over words a lot. I know we're all human, but you're in front of a camera, I'm pretty sure it's your job to speak clearly.

Also, Turnbow needs to shave that thing off his chin. I think it's alive.

Quote:
Sort of sad that as of right now the 2 worst hitters in that lineup are Hall and Weeks...

I wouldn't go so far as to say Weeks is one of the two worst hitters in our lineup. Sure Rickie's not putting up a great batting average, but he's got an .863 OPS which is well above average for a 2B.

Ann Carroll just referred to "your" Packers. Shouldn't she be saying "our" Packers? Or is she a Vikings fan?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Besides Dave Bush, George and Barbara Bush are at the game tonight. As always, Barbara's keeping score.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Maybe its just me, but it seems that whenever we play the Astros, its always Ausmus and Everett that kill us. Its infuriating. Almost like pitching to a lineup composed completely of Nefi Perez clones and giving up runs to them.

Archived