Brewer Fanatic

First trip to Wrigley on Thursday afternoon: Tips?

gumby

Very interesting responses from all of you.

Nobody mentioned my favorite place which is Bernie's at Clark and Waveland. It's clean and last year they opened up a second floor lounge so there is a lot more room now. Regardless of which place you choose, be sure to get there early enough to go to one of them; it's part of the overall experience of going to Wrigley.

Food inside the park? I admit it - it sucks and I hate Old Style. The french fries and nachos are both decent; other than those two things, eat elsewhere.

The restrooms? Hey that's part of the ambiance.

You will not have a problem with Cubs fans if you are not obnoxious. As someone early on pointed out - just cheer for your Brewers and not against the Cubs and there will be no problems. And yes there are people that go there just to go there and don't really care about the game. Ignore them. If anybody gets physically out of hand don't fight back - call security. Real Cubs fans don't want those idiots in the park. And by the way, calling all Cubs fans that come to Miller Park, morons, is a serious overexaggeration. However, Ronnie Woo-woo is one of the morons.

The advice you got on getting to the game is all good. Just pick a route and stick by it. I would not suggest driving all the way because end of game time will be rush hour in Chicago (Hah when isn't?)

Above all else - Enjoy the game.

However, Ronnie Woo-woo is one of the morons.

You know it's funny, I was at the first Brewers/Cubs series, me a friend of mine and a female friend of his are walking out of one of the bars right next to Wrigley when Ronnie Woo-Woo walks by us, so I don't know what happened, but she says to us as we're walking away, "I think that black guy in the Cubs uniform grabbed my butt." So we turn back around and realize it was Ronnie Woo-Woo and had a good laugh at the fact that Ronnie Woo-Woo could have groped a random person on the street. She wasn't 100% sure that it was Ronnie Woo-Woo and not just one of the 15 or so people standing around him, but just the fact that Ronnie Woo-Woo could have groped someone on the street was kind of funny.

Archived