Brewer Fanatic

Big mistake with Tickets to Sunday's game!

kmcasper23
I attended the game on Sunday vs the Marlins. I sat in the LF Bleachers and there was another family in two of our seats. I asked the gentleman what seats he had and he said seats 15-18. I told him that was impossible since I had seats 17-22. He showed me his tickets and low and behold he had the tickets in the same section, row, and seats as I had. Now I don't know how a mistake like this could even be possible but the Brewers ticket office made a big blunder. Wondering if this ever happened to anyone else? I left a message with the ticket office yesterday and am waiting for a callback. Expecting something to come out of this since we had to squeeze 6 people into four seats and I basically paid for two tickets that I couldn't use.

Yeah wonder if they were forged!

You should have went to the usher and then the ticket window right away. Generally the club reserves a bunch of seats for "issues". I got to sit next to Ben Hendricksons wife when the ticket window screwed up my ticket (They printed me the wrong day).

Yeah, the easy answer is that maybe the other guy had bogus tickets, did he get his from the ticket office as well? Otherwise, I'd definitely say you have a good case to get some resolution from the club, but at this point it would be best if you and the other guy were both in on it, so they could look up both transactions.

The ticket office sometimes makes mistakes. Between online ordering, phone sales, and walk up sales, the same seat is sometimes sold twice. I've seen it happen many times. Simply inform an usher and they will find you a different seat to sit in (usually a better seat because they know it's their fault). Heck, I've seen them sell tickets to a game that was someone's season seat. And I don't think the Brewers are the only ballclub to have this problem.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

He had his printed at home so I believe they were legit. Mine were mailed to me about a week ago. If I didn't have my son with me I probably would have gone to the ticket office but the game had already started and I didn't want to walk around the park with my 5-year old son. I probably should have though because I am sure they would have been so embarrased that they would have done something about it. I just figured since it was virtually a sell out they wouldn't have 6 tickets together anywhere in the park.

I talked to a rep from the ticket office finally. He said according to my order when he looked it up I was supposed to have seats 19-24, but the tickets printed said 17-22. Looking into he said he could see that seats 23 & 24 showed up as unused. Basically all he could offer me was an apology and said that this should not have happened and he would look into it further. I knew I should have found an usher or gone to the fan assistance center during the game. Probably would have gotten something out of the deal.

I'm not sure what to suggest as fair compensation, but I think you should get something out of the deal.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The reason I would assume that there is no compensation is because you did not bring the issue up right away and now there is no way for them to really know who is telling the truth or not. Not saying you are lying but without actually seeing both sets of tickets, how would they be able to tell what happend? You would be suprised how many people try to scam free stuff...

I would highly suggest that if this every occurs again, bring it to their attention right away and it can be resolved.

He had his printed at home so I believe they were legit. Mine were mailed to me about a week ago. If I didn't have my son with me I probably would have gone to the ticket office but the game had already started and I didn't want to walk around the park with my 5-year old son. I probably should have though because I am sure they would have been so embarrased that they would have done something about it. I just figured since it was virtually a sell out they wouldn't have 6 tickets together anywhere in the park.

Rough situation, but perhaps you're on an odd streak. Your post's date stamp appears to me as "4/29/19". Maybe your tickets were for this date in 11 years!

I had a situation that seems to suggest they can have misprinted tickets. I traded in one of my 20-pack tickets for a game in May against Atlanta. Two days later I got a reprint of the ticket in the mail with a post-it note saying the bar code on the ticket I already had was bad. Why this happened I'm not sure, but the way they produce tickets must be a little more complicated than we realize.

i had that happen last year. i got a four pack of tickets for xmas and the first game i went to was against the cubs, and the entire row was full. but 2 more people came and had the same seats as the couple next to me. when the complained to an usher he didnt know what to do. he checked everyones ticket in the entire section and everyone was legit. the wife was not happy with the usher and went to guest relations. i dont know what happened but she came back and got he boyfriend. it does happen.

It happens. It happened to me. I was sitting behind the dugout on the 2nd exhibition game and there was this family of maybe 6 who were suppose to sit in row number 2. Now I don't actually know that the other family had the same tickets because I never saw them, and they looked pretty shady, but my friends and I just got up and let them have our seats(I forgot to mention, one of the women was pregnant and just kinda bending down in the isle the entire time) and we moved up to the Loge level.

That episode is ridiculous. It looks like they took parts from like 3 different games. The one doesnt even look like the cubs, but the old expos. I am giggling right now.

glad somebody watched it, I thought it was funny - couldn't believe I found it on YouTube - I just remembered it from my youth.

I've never heard of that happening at Wrigley but I have had it happen at Soldier Field.

One year a friend never got his season tickets and reported them missing. They were replaced and the originals were voided. Every game somebody else showed up in those seats and got booted because they were voided (and probably resold) tickets.

3 years ago, I received my playoff tickets and the sorting machine screwed up the mailing and I had 1 correct ticket and 2 tickets that belonged to somebody else. (I was supposed to have 4). I called the ticket office immediately and they were replaced. Now nobody tried to come and sit in those seats but in today's world of barcoded tickets they may have been stopped at the gate as having invalid tickets.

Archived