Brewer Fanatic

trade for Joe Nelson...

Joe Nelson, the former KC Royal reliever is now in the minors with the Marlins and off the 40 man roster...send some kids (Katin and BNelson or Brantley or......?) to FL and we can pick up a player that seems to be back and can work magic, Doug Jones style...

Another arm with something of a history of success might be just what we need at the back end of the pen...

Thoughts?

Rousie

Brantley is going to be a GREAT prospect... Matt Gamel-esque

He walks more then he K's and he is improving while young.... No way would I trade him...

Great maybe overestimating his value in my opinion. He has a poor arm & does not play the outfield well. A forth outfielder & a spot starter I could see.

There are pitchers out there that don't have ERAs (career or otherwise) north of 5.00, that are not on this roster, can be had cheap (again...we all have a different definition of cheap...think Katin plus a body), and could be put to good use on this roster...

buy low, sell high...that philosophy could be in play even as contenders...

I think that McClung and Turnbow throw hard and that is good, and all but not foolproof...a Joe Nelson type player could be brought in and do the work that everyone was planning LPena or SBray to do later on this year...

You can never have enough arms and now that he is back to snuff...why not?

As a side note...I know it is not a sexy trade but a whole lot closer to reality than a lot of the posts on this site...

As a side note...I know it is not a sexy trade but a whole lot closer to reality than a lot of the posts on this site...

Being condescending to the rest of the site will probably not gain you many brownie points or curry favor amongst fellow posters. In fact, I would strongly advise not being condescending at all. Everybody wins!

Yes, maybe so...but it is true...instead of trying to deal our trash for other teams' treasure why not dig in and get guys that might not surrender 19 runs...Why would anyone want Turnbow at any price now? Houston is really going to deal within the division? and if so...trade the recently re-signed Roy O??

Also i would hesitate to say that we have too much pitching...we may have a number of arms...but never enough pitching (at any level)...

• 4 weeks later...
Great maybe overestimating his value in my opinion. He has a poor arm & does not play the outfield well. A forth outfielder & a spot starter I could see.

I see Brantley the same way. Slightly better hitter than Gwynn, not nearly as good defensively.

Top 50 prospects from a few years ago include the immortal Ryan Costello, Dave Krynzel, Josh Baker, John VandeBerg, and Grant Richardson...clearly not all of the top 50 will have the careers that Banks and Unroe had...and that is sad.

When Hart signs an extension, and I truly think it is a when not if, and then LaPorta comes up to play RF then our OF is done for 5+ years...

putting the two thoughts together and adding cheap relief pitching (hoping the best for JTavarez) for this year's run comes up to a serious post...

I apologize for not adding a trade proposal that will blow up the brewers, add a Brandon Webb type player, or Brandon Webb himself...I made some calls, but apparently Josh Byrnes wants to keep him.

Archived