Brewer Fanatic

GTA 4

PeaveyFury
Community Moderator
For online play, you have to sign up for a PS3 Network account and sign in before loading the game (obviously with your PS3 connected to the net via USB cable or some equivalent). I've not played GTA4 online, so I can't comment specifically about whether you need anything special to do that (or how specifically to connect for the game), but that's how you get online in general.

I like it so far. The say nonlinear gameplay and I am sure it is, but early on it seems like your cousin is constantly calling you. I am not a fan of the camera or driving the cars.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I love it, the majority of the time i've just been in free mode with a buddy and we just do random stuff like racing helicopters, jumping off tall buildings, getting in shootouts with the Cops, shooting down their helicopters, basically destroying the city. I'm not bored with that yet.

Community Moderator

Finally picked it up myself on Friday- graphics are very impressive, but the storyline is kind of a pain early on. As logan said, it seems like people are calling you constantly for the first 10% of the game. Plus, the first 5-10% of missions seem to be almost tutorial-esque, with tips constantly coming up about how to drive, shoot, run, walk, talk, eat, etc.

But, I'm sure once things get going, it's going to be ultra-cool.

Has anyone else had problems with disk read errors or any other kind of weird things with this game? I'll be in the middle of a mission and something randomly will make the disk stop work and I'll get either the disk read error or a black screen with the sound frozen in place (if that makes sense). I already exchanged the disk once and fear it may be my Xbox (again!)...

ohh yea, my 360 locks up about every 1.5 hours or so... Max Payne did the same the same thing on the old Xbox, wasn't that a Rockstar game as well?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

It occurred to me today that it might be messages that lock it up. My xbox will lock up, and then I'll come back and I'll have a message or 2 waiting that I never saw come through.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I am about 40% way through. The story isn't as compelling as San Andreas. It pretty much repeats it self. Yes we know you are an immigrant and yes all you want is money.

On the bright side, I am a hit with the ladies, 2 internet dates and Michelle. All three have turned into shots of the side of the building.

• 3 weeks later...
About 50% through and it is almost like the sims if you want to stay friends with everybody. I am trying to decide which GF to keep and who I want as friends. The most useful at this point seems to be Kiki and her ability to clear 3 stars with a phone call.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I've never been a big fan of the series, but I really enjoyed playing this one through. I'm at almost 80% and I'm on a break from playing for now. I would recommend keeping everyone as a good friend since they all have perks. You don't have to go out of your way to please everyone, just wait until they call and then respond YES on your phone if they want to go bowling/drinking/etc. If you hop in a taxi, it really only takes a few minutes real time to go on a date. I use Kiki's perk the most followed by Little Jacob.

One thing I wish I would have done differently was choosing between Dwayne and Playboy. One of them will become your friend and the other only gives you cash.

Archived