Brewer Fanatic

4/29/07 Brewers (Vargas) @ Astros (Williams): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

The surest way for the crew to lose is for people to post how favorable the pitching matchups are, or how beatable the other teams are.

Do not be the jinx!

I did it for the Houston home series and we went 2-1. I won't touch this next series though. After what the Cardinals have been through the last 24 hours who knows what their mindset will be? I wouldn't dare make a prediction on this series.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm so glad that I didn't watch this game..i don't think i coud handle it...i have no clue if vargas pitched horrible, or not, all I know is we won a game that it looks like we shouldn't have...so now I think we lost 2 games we should have won and won 1 that we should have lost.

Quote:
Nine baserunners and 98 pitches in 5 innings is the definition of a bad start.

5 IP, 0 ER, 0 R, Win is the definition of a good start. Stats can be played both ways. He made the pitches he needed to at the right times, and that is what counts.

What's weird is that CV only works that slowly when he has guys on base. When there's no one on, he actually seems to work pretty quick. Granted, he's no Ben Sheets when it comes to speed in between pitches, but it could be worse...he could be Steve Trachsel.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived