Brewer Fanatic

Memories of the Jukebox Network / The Box

Brian the Automator
Was anyone else out there an unfortunate rural-living kid like me and tried to position their TV in hopes of getting a feed of "The Box" in the early 90's? I believe it was VHF channel 8 in the Milwaukee area. The transmission power was uber-horrible, or else it must have been transmitted from Chicago.

Channel 8! We lived in the city, and had horrible reception as well. My best friend and I would sit and wait for someone to order the Warren G or Coolio video. "Regulators" in blurry-vision. Ah memories. We were sad when it went off the air.

In retrospect, I am surprised it survived as long as it did.

I remember the background song when they would roll the choices between videos...it had all these crazy rings (these days we call them ring tones) set to a beat.

I also remember staying home sick from school once and seeing 'Rico Suave' about six times...somebody was jonesing for Gerardo that day.

Had it in the Twin Cities in '96-97 while attending the U. Spent many hours staring and hoping for videos that weren't terrible. Blink 182 was on a lot back then, if I recall correctly.

Good ol' fuzzy channel 8. My padres weren't big into paying for TV (cable), so that was the best we got. I remember it being 99% hip-hop, but it was also the first time I ever saw a Scorpions video on TV ("Between the Eyes" from the Crazy World album).
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

oh yeah. I remember watching Sir Mix-a-lot! Baby Got Back! Just had to hope mom or dad didn't walk in at that time, or else we would be in trouble.
Funny, I was going to say the same thing.

Archived