Brewer Fanatic

4/30/07 Cardinals (Wells) @ Brewers (Suppan): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I find it funny that most here are bashing the announcers, like they bash nearly all announcers. Yet this is the biggest Brewers' lovefest I've heard on a national broadcast, ever.

It really was. It was almost to the point where they were overdoing it with the Brewers love. I mean, we're one month into the season.

I will comment on their coverage of Josh Hancock's death. I really feel like they overdid it, almost to the point where I'd be offended if I knew Hancock. Saying things like "You almost wonder why more Cardinals didn't pull themselves from the lineup, or how Jeff Suppan could make his start tonight" and "Look where Dove sits (by Hancock's jersey) to reflect on his inning."

Also Sutcliffe was talking about the Cardinals' struggles and said, "Yeah, but they've had so much to deal with this season." Hancock died two days ago! So they were 10-12 without him, and 0-2 with him.

They mentioned many times that Brewers would go get a bat if they needed one. I couldn't help but think the Crew has all the upgrades they need at Triple A if it comes down to it. Am I alone in this regard? Do I have my Brewer goggles on?

TheCrew07, you're expecting something that is very rare, and that's that Braun makes an immediate impact. Most of the best young hitters struggle at first. It's likely that if he came up at the allstar break, and hit .270 with 10 homers in half a season, then that would be better than expected. At this point in time, he's not a big league impact bat. He's merely an offensive upgrade at 3b.

Ballgame Over!

The Brewers win! Thaaaaaa Brewwwwwers Win!

...sorry couldn't help myself

That was great. Suppan is the man, that is all there is to it. Him and Cappy with 4 wins already. Now if Benny can get his second win tomorrow that would be outstanding.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote:
I will say (Not having read the IGT) the crowd was embarrassing small for a ESPN HD Game

I think the weather was bad, but I agree after a long road trip I was thinking high 20s low 30s.

16-9. 25 straight games with a double. One game closer to a series win. Suppan is pitching incredible. Good times. Come on Sheeter!

rluz, yes, what is taking Woogie so longhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif LOL

You could really tell the Cards weren't in to it. It was disappointing to watch.

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but for me, this was most evident on the Mench Triple. On any other night, Edmonds keeps that in front of him, or at least runs after the ball if it gets by him.

Also, obviously, on that disasterous error / stolen base / balk combination for Wells.

i don't wanna burn out soup either though. these are the innigns for dessens ...spurling...of the pro baseball world.

I'm sorry, but this is my only rant with the Crew right now, and that is why the @#%$ ( I apologize for all you kids out there..pardon my French) are Spurling and Dessens still on the active roster. Come on... they suck. (worst trade in the Melvin era by the way...Clark for Dessens...Blah) Don't we have some other options to allow the Crew NOT to give up games...

I mean, seriously, without those two, we could have at least 3 more wins. Imagine that. 19 wins for April. Don't get me wrong, I love having 16 wins in April, but without those two slugs, we would have less worries. They suck and they do not belong on this team.. We are trying to win every game, and with them on the squad, we lessen our chances. Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Note: There are two violations in this post; see the explanation two posts below --1992casey)

Community Moderator
Quote:
They suck and they do not belong on this team.. We are trying to win every game, and with them on the squad, we lessen our chances. Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I agree that Dessens and Spurling do not belong in close games, there isn't anyone out there to replace them right now. Solid relief pitching is hard to come by, and Dessens has a career 4.42 ERA, so it isn't like he's undeserving of being on a major league roster

Spurling is up because Capellan is a head case right now.

that is why the @#%$ ( I apologize for all you kids out there..pardon my French)
We can't pardon it. Brewerfan.net asks that members not circumvent the cuss filter with stuff like "@#%$". If the cuss filter happens to produce something like "@#%$", members are asked to edit it out.

Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use of excessive punctuation is made clear in the FAQ. One (maybe two?) exclamation points is enough.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived