Brewer Fanatic

4/30/07 Cardinals (Wells) @ Brewers (Suppan): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Let's here the votes for who pitches 8 and 9 for the crew....

I say let Suppan start the 8th and if he can't go 9 we bring in one of the non-turnbow/cordero options.

Not sure what Suppan's pitch count is at

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hats off to Suppan tonight. Even though he doesn't have a 96 mph heater or an unhittable breaking ball, the man simply knows how to pitch. I hope the 'ace' of this staff is watching this guy out there. He could learn a thing or two from the way Soup mixes up his pitches and never gives in with a straight fastball right up the plate like some guys.

stealing 3rd in the same game...

Ender, contrary to what many might think, lots in baseball feel stealing 3rd is easier. Catchers and pitchers are often not holding people well at 2nd. And a bad throw can often result in the player walking home. So if the time is right, many baseball folks emrace the steal of third more than the steal of second

I have no issue with saving the bullpen here, as long as things work out...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Question...

They mentioned many times that Brewers would go get a bat if they needed one. I couldn't help but think the Crew has all the upgrades they need at Triple A if it comes down to it. Am I alone in this regard? Do I have my Brewer goggles on?

I'm not ripping them (the announcers), I don't expect national people to have the same knowledge of the club as I do, when they cover the entire league. I just can't see signing someone at the trade deadline when we have Braun and Yo sitting at AAA, and we're already paying Koskie (I know Toronto is) to site at home.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived