Brewer Fanatic

4/30/07 Cardinals (Wells) @ Brewers (Suppan): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Outside of a select few places, people just don't turn out on weeknights in April. It's not anything to be discouraged about. As well as they are playing, they're not going to have any problem drawing in the summer months.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave O'Brien (O'Brian?) is too surprised by the Brewers' starting pitching.

Re attendance, is the 16-17,000 Uecker's estimate? Rick S. said crowds would be in the 20s this week.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I submit the following proposal: WIth Jenkins getting the extra off days and protection against lefties he puts up a near .900 OPS and the Brewers pick up his option for next year. Mench is let go of somehow and the Brewers reward Gross with more playing time next year by using Rottino as a lefty only caddy for Jenkins.

How can you not love Geoff in Left. His defense alone pays for his salary... I love his glove and his bat is pretty good this season too.

It's truly amazing what winning will do for a team and its fans.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but wow. This season sure is different.

You know, I understand that the Cardinals might be upset and unfocused at this point, but the announcers are almost saying it as if they're saying "Well, Milwaukee wouldn't be winning this game if the Cardinals weren't so upset and unfocused."

This isn't 4 years ago, fellas. This Milwaukee team is actually capable of whomping on the cards regardless of the situation.

These announcers keep bragging that Fielder could hit for the cycle. The only way that could happen is if the Cards misplayed a ball and it's not ruled an error.

Kind of like that Mench triple? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Geoff was intentionally walked eight times last year. This is either the first or second time this year. I don't know if Geoff's ESPN stat page updates live or not.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

You know, I understand that the Cardinals might be upset and unfocused at this point, but the announcers are almost saying it as if they're saying "Well, Milwaukee wouldn't be winning this game if the Cardinals weren't so upset and unfocused."

Agreed 100%. Sutcliffe is extraordinarily terrible tonight. I wish he would have gone golfing with Bill Murray before the game. He's making me yearn for Bill Schroeder.

Geoff was intentionally walked eight times last year. This is either the first or second time this year. I don't know if Geoff's ESPN stat page updates live or not.

I'm about 99.9% sure that it's his second IBB this year.

Archived