Brewer Fanatic

4/30/07 Cardinals (Wells) @ Brewers (Suppan): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

She's hot ya...

and go crew

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave O'Brien is just terrible.

"Suppan has really learned how to win since 2002" (paraphrase).

Because through 2002 he was with the Royals. Then he went to a Cardinals team that won 105, 100, and 83 games, and voila! he was a "winner". How do dolts like this get national gigs? Earlier in the game he was implying that the Brewers were winning because of Counsell.

Earlier in the game he was implying that the Brewers were winning because of Counsell.

Yeah, I was getting ticked off too. He claimed that Counsell was a "winner." Yes Dave, he played on two teams that won the World Series, that means he's a winner.

Did you see that walk by Estrada there! He now has like two on the year!

Who cares. He's the best contact hitter on the team. Don't get on him because he doesn't walk. I'll take putting the ball in play over a K any day of the week.

I'll take a walk over an out any day of the week, though. And when the hits aren't dropping, it's nothing but outs. See his 2005 season as an example, or that couple week stretch prior to the HR he hit in Houston. Just because a guy makes a lot of contact doesn't make him a good hitter, and it doesn't mean he should hit 5th.

Quote:
Who cares. He's the best contact hitter on the team. Don't get on him because he doesn't walk.

I was really just poking fun a little at Estrada, no harm intended.

Quote:
I'll take putting the ball in play over a K any day of the week

What is it Russ always says...

K = Ball in play out

Ball in play > K

How good will this lineup be with Braun and Rickie back to fill Counsell and Graff. It will be a beautiful thing.

It will be a glorious, vicorious day. And what makes it even sweeter is the wins keep coming with Counsell and Graffanino in the lineup. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

They just said on the radio broadcast that we're only looking at about 16-17,000 at the park tonight. I know its a Monday night, but itskind of a bummer seeing as we're playing so well right now.

Archived