Brewer Fanatic

Today is a great day, as of today i am fully out of debt....

jwill535
I don't think that's fair to jwill, quite frankly. I don't think he's "fortunate" to be in that position. It's a position we all could be in, or close to it. But it's not easy, it takes sacrifice- something most people aren't willing to do. Yes, maybe 5% of the reason is personal relationships that helped him get to this point in his financial life, but 95% is the commitment to getting there, and sacrificing lots of toys along the way to do it.

I agree that the tone of post #24 is a bit "threatening", sort of (don't know what else to call it). But it's not that big of a deal. Hopefully jwill will take it with a grain of salt.

Sacrifices are essential to get out of debt. I would love to be able to pay twice my mortgage payment every month. But my wife and I can not afford it at the present time. We pay at least 2-3 times our credit card minimum every month (sometimes even more) to get those balances down. It really all depends on what you do for a living and how much you make.

Jwill and his family are blessed to have, what appears, more money than others. Oh, well. Some of us chose to be teachers. Oh, well. My family and I get along in life well within our means and we are happy. It sounds like jwill is happy. I hope you all are happy in your situation. That's the most important part--being happy that you can get by.

Congrats, jwill! I hope to join you in the debt-free club someday. I'm working on it, one debt account at a time!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I did not mean anything threatening by what I posted. I am not downplaying the fact that he is at a very good point in his life and I would love to be in that same situation. All I am saying is that he is fortunate to have had built a house for cheaper than what most people pay and was able to get a great loan not available to most people. Those are big things that helped him accomplish what he was able to accomplish. I know that I too make a lot of sacrifices, but with two young children, I know I will not be out of debt for at least 20 more years, and I'm perfectly ok with that. I do not know if Jwill has any children, but any money I would be putting towards debt is definitely being spent on them. Again, I am not taking anything away from him. What he did is truly a great accomplishment.

okay, sounds fair to me.

Chalk up another example of why I hate message boards occasionally--the lack of truly knowing one's "vocal tone" in printed words.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I am by no means offended because i dont have a high paying job(Hvac designer/Cad/Estimating), my wife has a slightly above average paying job. What helped was that for the first couple years of owning the house both of our cars were payed off, while on the decline we milked them. For 7 of the 8 years we lived in the house we didnt have a kid which helped. I hope it didnt come off as bragging, just excited to be able to say it. Dont worry thought i will be right back in the pool with the rest of you in Oct when i get a new car. To be honest i would probably buy a ton of stuff right now, (Car, surround system, random toys) if my wife wasnt s fiscally smart, total buzzkill.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

It will be some time before I'm out of debt. I have thousands of dollars in medical bills and It's pretty overwhelming. I have so may medical bills, from so many different locations, I don't even know how much I owe or who I owe anymore

Archived