Brewer Fanatic

4/29/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Marquis): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I like having a guy in the bullpen who can give starter innings like we had with Villanueva last year. I'm not real comfortable with McClung being the only long option. I really wish we would get over our fascination with this guy.

Exactly. Like with the Capuano situation last year in Detroit. Everything was fine, he was scheduled to pitch and then warming up right before the game he pulls something in his leg and can't pitch that day. Who are we going with to start the game? McClung again? Two innings for Riske, Torres and Mota and then mix in an inning for Turnbow and McClung?

good job Braun, I like the idea. We need runners and if that is what the Cubs give you, then bunt away.

and now the line drive double play-- not much you can do there.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Yeah, I like having a guy in the bullpen who can give starter innings like we had with Villanueva last year. I'm not real comfortable with McClung being the only long option. I really wish we would get over our fascination with this guy.
Exactly. Like with the Capuano situation last year in Detroit. Everything was fine, he was scheduled to pitch and then warming up right before the game he pulls something in his leg and can't pitch that day. Who are we going with to start the game? McClung again? Two innings for Riske, Torres and Mota and then mix in an inning for Turnbow and McClung?

We'd pretty much have to have a bullpen sacrifice day where everyone in the pen gets to burn out their arm. I don't really get the logic. We've always had a long guy who can give long innings (Villanueva...Helling....Burba...etc.). Can McClung go 5-6 if need be? Or is his ceiling pretty much 3?

Far easier said than done, especially on a screamer like that. Think about it. You get your secondary lead on the motion home, so you are already heading towards second. On the sound of contact you make your move to second. Before you even know the ball is in the air you are dead on a play like that.

Corey Hart rules.

Archived