Brewer Fanatic

4/29/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Marquis): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sheets is looking a bit rusty. How fast is he throwing? I have the Cubs feed on mlb.tv and he's hit 92 and 93 a few times, but his fastball has been 87 - 90 most of the time. That's a concern if it's true.

He's been around 90 hitting 93 a couple times. The velocity isn't really a concern as much as his control has looked like Turnbow on a bad day so far.

I have a feeling Sheets is going to get rid of the rust pretty quick here. Hopefully his early pitch count won't hurt him later on in terms of a nice long start. Get out of this inning with little damage and we're good to go...if our offense can get moving.

Odds on Sheets getting past the 5th inning, anyone? 3:1? 5:1?

Probably not good. Unless he has a pretty solid 3rd (if the stupid umps ever come back), I'm going to stay worried. And hope it's just rust.

The Cubs announcers guessed Pie may have aggravated his testicle injury from spring training.

You just had to bring that up again, huh? I had almost erased the term twisted testicle from my mind..

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived