Brewer Fanatic

4/29/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Marquis): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nevermind, i figured it out... sorry!
You must have found the "Use My Settings" checkbox. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I show 40 threads per forum page and 30 posts per thread page. I'd go higher if I didn't have dial-up at home. If I remember correctly, Team Canada, Mass Haas, and brettac1 like very large numbers.

The variable settings are the reason why you shouldn't post a board URL with a page number in it (like the one at the top of this page). Hit the URL button at the upper left of any post and use that instead. Also, you shouldn't say "such and such post on page X." Give the reply number instead. Or link to the reply.

By the way, you can also set your own time zone if you need to. You're not bound to using Brewerfan's.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Of course, if Cameron goes 0-4 and Sheets throws 90 pitches in 4 innings against the Cubs of all teams, Brewerfan will probably implode.

Man that would stink, and yes I think Brewerfan would explode. But I think Cameron at least gets one hit and I think Sheets goes at least 6 innings and the Brewers get a big W.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I definitely expected more chatter on here today with the impending cubs series, sheets return, cam's return...

C'mon guys, I know it's been rough lately, but its still early. How's about we score some runs and start a winning streak tonight?!

With both Sheets and Yo going this series, a series win is closer to a 50/50 proposition than some seem to think. Look at tonight. Marquis is maybe a 4.75 ERA pitcher, Sheets is a 3.75 ( at least) ERA pitcher. And I know that the Cubs offense has destroyed the Brewers' offense so far but preseason projections put them very close. On paper, the Brewers are slightly favored tonight (and Vegas agrees).

Corey Hart is going to hit 2 home runs this series and start to show he has 30+ HR capability. Ryan Braun will walk three times in the series (yeah I said it) and the Brewers will take 2/3 again in Chi town.

The fans needed the day off. I know I'm not just speaking for myself when I say it already feels like mid-July.

My prediction for the game: it'll go extra innings.

I know. But as Ned likes to say, "It's time to get things cranked up again!"

Love the prediction. Our guys are just having so much fun out there they just don't want the game to end. But the wiley ol' vet that Cameron is, he will show them that there are indeed numerous benefits to ending the game in regulation. Say like by stroking a game winning double in the 9th to score a HBP'd Rickie Weeks from 1st and letting Gagne get in there and slam the door. (just don't make him count on DP's that need to be turned by Rickie. Instead opt for a sure double off that bat ran down in the gap at the track by one Mike Cameron)

I can't wait to finally have the lineup out there that we could of had on opening day. I don't think Cameron will help wake up the bats but it can't hurt. Hopefully this is the series that Braun and Fielder and the rest of the boys wake up and start hitting.

Community Moderator

I'm hoping for a spark tonight, but Cameron's lefty/righty splits suggest that he isn't going to make much of a difference with his bat.

Hopefully Sheets has it tonight. I predict a 1-0 Brewers win, solo HR by Prince.

Bust out night...Crew wins 9-2. Brewer fans are speechless as there is no one on the team to complain about so we wisely shift our focus to how much we hate Cubs fans. Crew thrown off by success loses tomorrow, fire Yost site implodes from too many hits...YoGo throws 8 inning 2 hit ball before Gagne' fans the side on Thursday...Brewers sweep 'stros in a Texas Homerun Massacre. After taking 2/3 from Fish, 1000s of fans pack airport to greet Brewers on their return. There is a massive tofu and bean dip tailgate roast in the airport parking lot. Many are dressed in Dale Earnhardt gear in honor of Ned Yost.

Go Brewers!!!

I do feel like this is sort of opening day part II. The last month was a lot of positioning, feeling out, etc. and I feel like the Brewers are now at full strength, with the roster they envisioned (plus Stetter, minus Dillon at the moment), and now its go time. That said, I expect the Brewers to lose tonight.

Man it was wonderful to come on here and see Sheets' name. Oh yeah, and that Cameron guy, too http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm so pumped for this game. I hate having to work until 7 and get home at 7:30. Come on clock, do you thing!

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Hello everybody... I have been lurking in the in game threads for a few seasons now and have decided today will be the day I become an active participant. I enjoy following along while Jim and Bob keep me company here at work. That being said, if the Brewers happened to get crushed tonight I will except full responsibility and go back to lurking...

I'm ecstatic for this game. The dreaded Scrubs, Sheeter proving to all of us that he's not a wuss (fingers crossed), Cammy showing that he's worth the money he's getting and a win for the Crew. This, to me, does have an opening day #2 feel to it.

Hey Brewerfan.net!

This is the skipper Ned Yost.

Great to see all my supporters here today, and even though you want to blame me for something, I put the perfect lineup out there!!!

hugs & kisses,

Nedly

Dear Ned,

If you think all it takes to manage well is simply putting a batting order together, we might be in for a long season.

Sincerely,

Bf.net

Hello everybody... I have been lurking in the in game threads for a few seasons now and have decided today will be the day I become an active participant. I enjoy following along while Jim and Bob keep me company here at work. That being said, if the Brewers happened to get crushed tonight I will except full responsibility and go back to lurking...

Welcome! Don't run away if they lose tonight -- it'd only be a small sample ( http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif ) of your game outcome-influencing powers!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived