Brewer Fanatic

4/29/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Marquis): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad they said Ben Sheets was on the stationary bike. I was REALLY wondering why he was shaking back and forth and sucking in air during the Brewers Live interview. I was thinking some really weird post-game ritual.

just got back from the game, several observations:

1) great to see the bats wake up. Billy looked real good.

2) that was the coldest game i've ever been to. unreal.

3) Cubs fans are the worst. drunk, obnoxious buffoons. just leave me alone, i want to watch the game, i don't want to get into an altercation with you!

4) i love mike cameron.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I'm glad they said Ben Sheets was on the stationary bike. I was REALLY wondering why he was shaking back and forth and sucking in air during the Brewers Live interview. I was thinking some really weird post-game ritual.

Haha, I saw that too, I was wondering, why is he fidgeting so much? He looks like he's just slammed about 5 energy drinks.

1) great to see the bats wake up. Billy looked real good.

2) that was the coldest game i've ever been to. unreal.

3) Cubs fans are the worst. drunk, obnoxious buffoons. just leave me alone, i want to watch the game, i don't want to get into an altercation with you!

Billy looked real good at the plate, but not on the field.

The weather was definitely gnarly but at least it wasn't rainy. I took a scalding hot shower when I got home and I'm still chilly.

Here's a question, are the Cubs fans getting worse every year, or am I getting older and less tolerant of the shenanigans each year?

Other observations:

Cameron played hungry and it rubbed off on the rest of the team. Most outs were crushed.

When Gagne fidgets and doesn't look comfortable, you're in for a long inning.

After Braun slid high to end that inning, he walked back to Theriot and gave him a pat...it seemed funny to me because it looked like he wasn't sorry.

Just got back to Milwaukee, didn't have internet access at my dad's place last night.

1. Also the coldest game I have ever been to.

2. Sad Corey didn't get the cycle, but good game for him and the other batters

3. Cubs fans around me were stupid and loud, then left after James Van der Beek sang ????? Like he was worth staying for

4. Welcome back Mike Cameron!

And another thought, can they please make an announcement whenever a team is suddenly pulled off the field? It's a little scary to be standing there wondering what is going on. The first thing that came to mind was the scene where the President rushes out of the football stadium just before a nuclear bomb goes off in "The Sum of All Fears". Cryptic thought I know.

I missed most of the game since I had a softball game. But some of my teammates and I were able to see the 8th and 9th after the game in the bar. Sounded like a hell of a game, still can't believe Sheets walked 7 guys but he still went to 4-0 and at least pitched and didn't hurt the tricept. Very pleased to see Cameron make a nice impact early on. And man Mota to Gagne in the 8th and 9th sure looked good last night.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived