Brewer Fanatic

4/29/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Marquis): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Dear Benny,

I have faith you will rebound and become Cy Sheets. I will then use my Corey Hart Zombie killing baseball bat to defend you during the pending Zombie invasion. That's only if you get a win today, if you lose, I shall bash your zombie face in when you become bitten. At least being a Zombie would be a good excuse for the DL.

Kisses,

Aaron

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right, enough messing around guys, it's time to take over first place.

Sheets, Suppan, then Gallardo, couldn't ask for much more than that on the mound.

Offense...how about giving those guys some run support for a change. Wha'd'ya' say?

there's only 1 page so far for this game?!?

i've got to change that...

I'm still on page 1. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Marquis:

4IP, 5ER, 4BB.. Pulled for a PH in the 5th

He would actually have to pitch 5 innings in order to be pulled in the 5th for a pinch hitter. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I am glad Cameron is back, its been very frustrating watching our CF's try to cover ground.

I am also jacked that Cam is back to man CF, but to be fair, Kapler's defense in center is pretty dang good and he covers a lot of ground out there

I like the pitchers the Brewers have throwing, but I'm concerned about tonight. I'm worried about Sheets in the cold-ish weather, and I don't expect him to be sharp. I'll just be happy if he gets through the start pain-free.

I like the pitchers the Brewers have throwing, but I'm concerned about tonight. I'm worried about Sheets in the cold-ish weather, and I don't expect him to be sharp. I'll just be happy if he gets through the start pain-free.

I know exactly what you mean. It kind of stinks getting your ace back against the cubs when you all you can think about is what kind of injury will the cold weather induce upon him

Just curious as to what the rest of you guys think our chances are of taking this series. It won't be easy...

I would normally have said pretty good looking at the starters the Crew is putting out there.

But right now, I have no confidence the offense can put up enough runs.

I fully expect...if the Cubs score 2, the Brewers will only score 1...if they score 3, the Crew only 2...and so on...

I fully expect...if the Cubs score 2, the Brewers will only score 1...if they score 3, the Crew only 2...and so on...

That certainly seems to be the course they have been on lately. I sure hope it changes starting tonight. If they can't get up for the Cubs with Sheets and Cam back, I don't know what will provide a spark...

The "real" season starts tonight...assuming Ben's actually healthy and can go more than 5 innings, this is the first time the Brewers will have their real starting lineup on the field at the same time.

Of course, if Cameron goes 0-4 and Sheets throws 90 pitches in 4 innings against the Cubs of all teams, Brewerfan will probably implode.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived