Brewer Fanatic

5/1/07 Cardinals (Looper) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Sheets has his best stuff. He is trying way to many moves to first. Not very Ben Sheets like. Usually he isn't so concernred with the runners. I'm watching on Gameday. Can any one explain this to me who is watching the game (In HD your lucky ******)

1st inning 4 attempts

2nd ining none

3rd inning 9 attempts plus one pitchout

This seems an indicator that Sheets doesn't have his strike out pitch/hammer tonight.

Verified Member

There's a K...hopefully that gets Benny going.

Sheets has a 3.9 K/9 going into today. That's not like him. I wonder what it would be if opening day wasn't included in that. Very bad sign.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

This seems an indicator that Sheets doesn't have his strike out pitch/hammer tonight.

The hammer is missing tonight. He threw two curves in a row to Puholes, and the second one he was waiting for.

I don't think Sheets has his best stuff. He is trying way to many moves to first.

I think he's just learned/refined his move to first and has been trying it out a lot this year.

and I doubt Pujols is going anywhere.

He was moving on a foul ball, so that's certainly not true.

I for one think Sheet's is hurt. His fastball has lacked his normal velocity all year long. Has he even hit 94 this season?

He has hit 95 consistently tonight even as high as 97 according to the speed gun, velocity is certainly not the problem, location is

(edit: italicized quote to make it stand out a bit more --1992casey)

2 runs in 4 IP and Sheets is pitching batting practice? It just gets better and better...

I for one think Sheet's is hurt. His fastball has lacked his normal velocity all year long. Has he even hit 94 this season?

As I posted earlier in this thread, his first fastballs where 95,95,97,94. The problem is the command of his curveball. I doubt that's a result of an injury.

Verified Member

Has he even hit 94 this season?

Ueke said he hit 95 on his first pitch tonight claiming he was ready and going into a long story about how Ben wants to come out more ready to hit the high velocity right from the start.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Several times tonight, actually. I think his first fastball was 97 according to FSN.

Quote:
I think he's just learned/refined his move to first and has been trying it out a lot this year.

I hope so. I actually thinks Sheets will get better later in the year when the weather is warmer similar to Pedro Martinez. Curveball will have more bite at Miller Park later in the year.

Archived