Brewer Fanatic

5/1/07 Cardinals (Looper) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

He proved everything I needed to see and more last year when I watched him come up big in the clutch.

I just love how we have that option this year. It takes more than one pitcher to win a playoff series, and I will be more than comfortable watching Ben Sheets pitch when/if the time comes.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russ baiting, and Bucksman complaining. Summer's here!

Haha!....And we're 16-9! Can you imagine my "complaining" levels if the Crew was instead 9-16?! This is nothin'...I'm in a great mood!

how stacked would tonight's Brewers lineup look with Braun replacing Graffinino?

Sure would be nice. I don't care if we are winning without him, he would improve the team.

Eckstein down in the 8 hole.

This IGT is getting rowdy...

Not everyone thinks Sheetsy-boy is God

I am in this camp... I will be a Sheets detractor until I get a 20 win season OR 2 wins in a single playoff series, whichever happens first.

Sheets is Prior-Lite, without the career winning percentage.

"...when his stuff is on..." "...when he is healthy..." blah blah blah.

You see the 2000 Olympics Gold Medal Game?

Fascinating article in the New York Times recently about MLB standardizing a system for Cuban acquisitions... and scouts wondering how deep the talent pool is actually... coming up with "another AA"

www.nytimes.com/2007/04/2...ref=slogin

Quote:
As for Hart sitting for the third straight game.... (Scratching head)..... just don't get it.

I'll answer that in a sentence: Jenkins and Mench are on fire right now.

Gotta stick with the hot bats. When they go cold, Hart will still be there. He's still going to get his AB's this season, just probably not as many as originally thought.

I would like to see Sheets hitting mid 90s right away in the first with good control. He got the mid 90s last start, but his control is shaky. I keep hoping his issues have been mental and not physical...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Quote:
I am in the middle on Sheets. I don't think he's ever going to be a 2.90 250 K type guy. However 3.30 with 190 K's is pretty reasonable

He posted these numbers when he stayed healthy for a full year......

But sure its possible that he's not capable of doing that again, but it could happen just as easily as not.

Archived