Brewer Fanatic

5/1/07 Cardinals (Looper) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Jinx meister!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't say the you-know-what word. It isn't in the cuss filter anymore. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Quote:
"Whether I am a wussy or not is yet to be decided but we decided to be careful."

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I love Benny's interviews.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I caught a little bit of the 9:30 Baseball Tonight with Kruk and Fernando Vina and was disappointed they didn't give the Brewers any credit whatsoever. They talked about the difficulty of playing thru these circumstances for the Cards and basically said they understand why they're losing. Come on! Why can't they just give the Brewers a little love too....we just put 12 runs on the board, man! It's not like it was a mental error that cost them a 2-1 loss or something.

"As a journalism major, I must say that Coshun has no business being on television. "

I'm thinking he's a million times better than Davey Nelson.. I'm sorry, but Nelson is just raw. I think his favorite word is "command"...he say's it at least 10 times a game. And you know I'm not going overboard on that one. He just sucks.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So why was he pulled for a PH (Gross) in the 6th after he'd already been to bat to lead it off?

Because that AB was about 15 minutes earlier and the game went from 4-2 to 11-2. I would suck if Sheets re-pulled the groin running to first in a 9 run game.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Quote:
I caught a little bit of the 9:30 Baseball Tonight with Kruk and Fernando Vina and was disappointed they didn't give the Brewers any credit whatsoever.

I don't know about Vina, but Kruk is an idiot. I don't like watching him at all.

Don't let the clowns on ESPN get you down. The Brewers will get there love before too long.

Ben also said that he was disappointed that he didn't extend his hitless streak.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Verified Member
I don't think it's realistic to expect special love from ESPN every single night. There are 29 other teams and they need to spread the attention around a little. Overall, I am pretty happy with ESPN's Brewers coverage so far this season.

Verified Member
Got back from the game a while back: big fun. I just watched the video clips and oh my, that Jenkins homer was a thing of beauty. He looked possessed.

Quote:
"I finally made [the adjustment]," Sheets said. "I think it should bode well for me for my next few starts."

The fix apparently improved Sheets' curveball, a pitch that is typically his "out," but had eluded him this season. He had been leaving curves up in the strike zone instead of snapping them into the dirt to induce swinging strikeouts.

"My curveball got better," Sheets said. "I think my command has been brutal all year on everything, and I thought the last three innings after I made the adjustment that things just seemed a little bit more normal."

Here's my favorite part of the wrap on mlb.com... good things to come!

Community Moderator
He's very correct that after that 3rd-4th inning, his curveball looked much more sweeping. He was hitting 97 on the gun in the 2nd inning, so velocity hasn't been a problem, it's been location and command. If he's got his curve working now, he should put up some nice numbers going forward.

Archived