Brewer Fanatic

5/1/07 Cardinals (Looper) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think "singles to Braun" are infield singles hit to him. The thought was if his defense was as bad as some thought, people would bunt him to death and even if he didn't make an error there would be a lot of bunt singles directed his way.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have the third lowest sos score primarily due to us beating all those teams- and that's why.. We've been beating up on the NL Central.

I can't figure out how ESPN calculates their SOS exactly but even if you take out the Brewer games, their opponents have a combined 72-75 record and a weighted (for how many times the Brewers have played them) winning % of .466. I'm not saying that predicts anything but clearly, May is going to be against stiffer competition than April was.

I like to see this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/rluzinski/espn_brewers.jpg

It's beginning to remind me of when the national media started noticing the Packers again in the early 90's. Of course, the article itself has more to do with the Yankees than anything else (NEVER would have guessed), it's better than nothing!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Sheets throws a no-no. No decision that is. He gets ph for in the 6th and Wise evens his record out after a big 3 run 7th. Add one more on solo shot in the 8th and the brewers win 8-4.

Ha! I hope he gets a hit too. I remmber when he was talking about his first hit 2 years ago last year on Cold Pizza (during spring training) "Well there was a strong wind coming in from right. When I hit it, I thought it was gone but the wind really knocked it down." If you remember the hit, it was a bloop single over the first basemen's head. He cracks me up.

I remmber when he was talking about his first hit 2 years ago last year on Cold Pizza (during spring training) "Well there was a strong wind coming in from right. When I hit it, I thought it was gone but the wind really knocked it down."

Here you go:

Sheets on Cold PIzza

He starts talking about the hit around 4:05...

Quote:

"You know, it's Coors Field and that's a tough place to hit. The sun is in your eyes, um, the airs pretty thick, so you gatta be ready for something nasty and I was just locked in that day. Really just got a good piece of the ball and I thought it had a chance to go out of the park.... I did go into my home run trot... I thought I got it all. The ball just was not carrying to 2B that day."

rluzinski....I know we haven't been the best of friends on here because whenever I say anything remotely negative about your boy Benny Sheets you either mock my post or blow up and post obsenely large pictures like this.

Grow up, my good man. Not everyone thinks Sheetsy-boy is God like you do so if someone by chance critiques the 1-2 4.50 era pitcher, why must you feel like it is your responsibility to defend this under-achiever? As for the troll reference, you must miss the 90%+ positive posts I send forth where pitchers of the caliber of Capuano and Suppan deserve my praise (and the $$$ they are making).

Quote:
I like the predictions i have seen. I think it will be a 5-2 final with Hall going 2-4 with a double and 2 rbi's. Is anyone else going to tonights game?

me, sec 425ish, if you see a blue game-used bill hall bp jersey its me

This sounds like a challenge. Will Sheets look like the Sheets of a few years ago, go out and dominate causing the bucksman to put his tail between his legs, or will Ben lay an egg, or worse, leave the game early, causing a poster of some disdain on this thread to reign victorious over one of our most noted statheads in rluz. Tickets are still available at Miller Park for tonights contest. Come on out Brewer faithful and see which poster will eat cake, and which will eat crow. To be honest, my moneys on Ben.

-Don

bucksman,

Ahh yes, you were simply trying to stimulate intelligent discussion yet again. In fact, I think you should start a whole thread about how Suppan and Cappy are winners and Sheets is a loser. Man, we haven't really explored that topic at bf.net and I'm sure you have a well thought argument all ready to be expanded on.

I look forward to your post!

Come on out Brewer faithful and see which poster will eat cake, and which will eat crow. To be honest, my moneys on Ben.

You won't hear anything from me, since one start doesn't mean a damn thing, either way.

Archived