2. Gamel

3. Braddock

4. Salome

5. Escobar

6. Iribarren

7. Jeffress

8. Green

9. Brantley

10 is where it starts getting nebulous. Pena? Lucroy? Biggest jump is going to be Wheeler, who wasn't even on the April list. I think Evan Anundsen also deserves a big raise from #37 for his 22/4 K/BB rate and 3.64 G/F ratio.

it will be up within the hour...give a guy a break...survivor, office, and lost came on tonight!

Edit: New P50 is up...and we made some pretty big changes this month...Enjoy!

YEAH! I have no idea why I get so excited for a new Power 50 - since hanging around the minor league forum will give you a pretty good impression of everything, but it still is a fun new read.

Brantley is still listed as a LF?

I hope Mark Rogers is on the same path as Parra. I would assume if he pitches 100 innings this year he would have to jump back into the top 10.

Bryson went down 3 spots? And Tyson down 1 spot?

Cain, Brewer and Ford are all pretty disappointing so far. But then, I suppose sometimes you just draft "potential" and hope for the best.

Zach Jackson's time with the Brewers appears pretty limited.

Twobrewers,

I'd have to agree with you on ZackJack. I expect him to be included in a trade we make this year. He'll be a throw in, and i don't expect him to ever return to MIL unless it's in the visitor's bullpen.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Man, what does Patrick Ryan have to do to get a little love around here? In 82 innings last year gave up only 60 hits, walked 26 and struck out 75, and this year has given up only 3 hits in 14 innings and notched 3 saves already. Forget Robert Hinton; Patrick Ryan is passing you by.

Love the thought of bringing up Nelson for the interleague series, but who would you send down? Stetter, the only other lefty? The only other pitchers with options are starters (Parra, CV, Yo). TGJ and stay with 12 pitchers? There goes your defensive replacement and pinch runner then.

Man, what does Patrick Ryan have to do to get a little love around here? In 82 innings last year gave up only 60 hits, walked 26 and struck out 75, and this year has given up only 3 hits in 14 innings and notched 3 saves already. Forget Robert Hinton; Patrick Ryan is passing you by.

Love the thought of bringing up Nelson for the interleague series, but who would you send down? Stetter, the only other lefty? The only other pitchers with options are starters (Parra, CV, Yo). TGJ and stay with 12 pitchers? There goes your defensive replacement and pinch runner then.

Ryan is a 25-year-old right-handed reliever with a 6/8 K/BB in AA.

"Ryan is a 25 year old right handed reliever with a 6/8 K/BB in AA."

Ryan is 24 (doesn't turn 25 until end of May) and has allowed 3 hits and no runs in 14 innings of relief in his first ever time at AA. His WHIP is 0.79. Opponents are "hitting" .070 against him.

Had he been a higher draft pick, no doubt he would have been promoted faster but I don't think you can penalize him for that. AA is full of legit hitting prospects and he's getting them out. That may not make him a top 25 guy, but most certainly should put him in the top 50.

In AA, I'm still looking at the number of strike outs for a reliever. You have to be able to miss bats. For a guy that isn't a flame thrower, walking more guys than you strike out is not a good thing. The caveat to all his numbers is that it's only 14 IP and by the time he does have substantive results in AA, he'll be 25. Patrick Ryan is a fringe prospect, albeit a somewhat intriguing one and a guy you root for to make it.

Forget Robert Hinton; Patrick Ryan is passing you by.

No, he's not. Hinton is more than a year younger, throws harder and has one of the best sliders in the system.

I know I've posted this pic before, but given his new status as #1, and the way he's been hitting the ball thus far, I'd like to hear some of you experts give us a little compare and contrast discussion on these two guyshttp://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/ecf25d29f67b1ed7c1be07e35009e4e7189ac41.pjpg

In AA, I'm still looking at the number of strike outs for a reliever. You have to be able to miss bats. For a guy that isn't a flame thrower, walking more guys than you strike out is not a good thing. The caveat to all his numbers is that it's only 14 IP and by the time he does have substantive results in AA, he'll be 25. Patrick Ryan is a fringe prospect, albeit a somewhat intriguing one and a guy you root for to make it.

Forget Robert Hinton; Patrick Ryan is passing you by.

No, he's not. Hinton is more than a year younger, throws harder and has one of the best sliders in the system.

First of all, Ryan went into this season with more strikeouts (168) than hits allowed (156) in his pro career and 7.8 per 9 innings. It's not like he doesn't strike anybody out.

Secondly, hitting bats anywhere but the sweet spot is a good thing, not a bad thing. Besides strikeouts, you get a pretty good idea of a guys stuff by hits allowed, and he's allowed way fewer than 1 hit per inning his entire career.

Third, I had guys tell me Villanueva was a fringe prospect 3 years ago because A. He didn't throw hard. B. He gave up too many HR and C. He was pitching in friendly Florida State League. How'd that turn out?

Finally, I'm not saying he should be in the top 20 here, but if David Welch is number 40, Ryan certainly belongs around that number because Welch is same age, strikes out around the same rate, and like Ryan doesn't allow too many hits and has reached AA at the same juncture of his career. Only difference is one is a starter, and one is a reliever.

JB12, I don't think we're that far off in what we think of Ryan. I think he's somewhere between 51-60 on the prospect list, you think he's around 40. There's a lot of nebulousness there.

First of all, Ryan went into this season with more strikeouts (168) than hits allowed (156) in his pro career and 7.8 per 9 innings. It's not like he doesn't strike anybody out.

I think this has to do with a competition issue. I've long said I don't really pay attention to how well a college guy does (unless it's badly) until he gets to AA.

Third, I had guys tell me Villanueva was a fringe prospect 3 years ago because A. He didn't throw hard. B. He gave up too many HR and C. He was pitching in friendly Florida State League. How'd that turn out?

Villenueva and Ryan are different pitchers in different circumstances.

Only difference is one is a starter, and one is a reliever.

That's a pretty big difference.

Archived