Brewer Fanatic

Bush Optioned to clear spot for Cameron

TSack27
The same reason only having one back-up catcher handcuffs Yost. We already have a short bench, and he might be less willing to use a back-up infielder in a tie game if he is the only one on the bench.
This gets a bit ridiculous doesn't it...so we always want an unused infielder and catcher sitting on the bench, when the game is over? I'd think you'd want a spare unused outfielder then, as well. So we have 3 guys we don't use and 8 starters, then even with 12 pitchers, you still can't "safely" use more that two pinch hitters in a game.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd essentially agree with this. While I didn't mind sending Bush down (he simply isn't adequate for a contending team as a starter) this is a team that needs a quality long reliever. I love the 3 or 4 inning save, and I'm confident that Bush could do this job when the Crew has a 4 run or more lead. That would save the bullpen, oh I don't know, I'm guessing five or six times a year. In effect giving them an off day. I really would have DFAed Turnblow and committed to Bush in this role.

There is very little difference between Bush, Suppan and Villaneuva. (You can throw Capuano in here too). I guess the Brewers must really be screwed then.

Suppan's ERA age 27 season: 5.32

Bush's ERA age 27 season: 5.12

Of course this doesn't "prove" anything. Except that average pitchers who can stay healthy are capable of being valuable major league starters for many seasons.

"There is very little difference between Bush, Suppan and Villaneuva. (You can throw Capuano in here too)."

Maybe you can draft Bush for your AAA fantasy league...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Archived